Why become a member? ×

Basschat therapy from my hospital bed - I thank you

Raslee

Just wanted to thank the wonderful existential Basschat as I've lay in hospital for the last 24hrs post tonsillectomy, a few problems so got an extended stay. Primarily Basschat has been my weapon of choice whilst Withnail's uncle Monty's twin in opposite bed has tried his best....it's not that I'm antisocial but I can barely swallow fresh air let alone make conversation about my wife & children :D So Basschat and a bit of Snarky Puppy... & Gong has been wonderfully therapeutic on many levels and I wanted to thank you lovely peeps for the pointless crap I've read... Bit like this post really (I jest) and inspiration to finally practice a bit in the forthcoming fortnight recovery.

Also fascinating to be the patient as I'm a healthcare professional myself. What wonderful beauty and genius is the NHS...oh and a bit of opiated based med's for good measure-hail Gong, but by lordy this crazy government are breeding ridiculous working conditions for me and my colleagues....quantity over quality it seems - so many dissolutioned newly qualified staff...although a few are going to Spotify some Snarky & The pot head pixies :) x

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1448011170' post='2912203']
Just wanted to thank the wonderful existential Basschat as I've lay in hospital for the last 24hrs post tonsillectomy, a few problems so got an extended stay...
[/quote]

Get, and keep, well soon; now get back to Gong. B)

Well I'm going to change the mood again with this throat-themed tune...

http://youtu.be/8UvQvOFRS9o

Get well soon (I've enjoyed the skills of the ENT surgeons too with myringoplasty ops on both sides and had to spend the best part of a week in hospital each time)!

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1448034255' post='2912561']
'Doctor, will Raslee be able to play bass after the operation?'

'Yes, that will be fine'

'It's a miracle! Because he couldn't before'

Sorry, I had to make that joke. It's a tradition. :D
[/quote]The man has a point...it'd be a miracle for me :D

Raslee - get well soon and stick to bass playing, not vockals, in the future!

I too spent a week in Colchester Hospital geting my heart back together.
I can't speak highly enough of the staff, treatment and, luckily, the inmates on the cardio ward where I was fixed.
IMHO the NHS comes in for a load of unwarranted cr@p from selfish people who want the world to do everything for them.

There, I've said it and I don't care! :P

Edited by Jazzneck

Get well soon. I had my tonsils out a few years back and aside from - and in fairness they told me this would happen - it being agony 5 to 10 days after the op, it`s been one of the best things I`ve ever done/had done. I used to get tonisilitis at least twice every winter, and was forever getting rotten colds. Since having them out in 2012 I`ve only had one serious cold, and some minor sniffles. The improvement on my overall health has been immense - I hope it does the same for you Raslee.

They used to whip 'em out as a matter of course in the 1960's. I had mine out when I was 9. I really enjoyed it actually! I was on a ward with a load of other little girls and there was much giggling and fun. Like being in one of those boarding schools I'd read so much about. And my parents brought me in loads of Monkees fanzines to read. I'd never read anything so totally funny, fab and groovy. I eschewed 'Bunty' from then on. :-)

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1448111456' post='2913112']
Get well soon. I had my tonsils out a few years back and aside from - and in fairness they told me this would happen - it being agony 5 to 10 days after the op, it`s been one of the best things I`ve ever done/had done. I used to get tonisilitis at least twice every winter, and was forever getting rotten colds. Since having them out in 2012 I`ve only had one serious cold, and some minor sniffles. The improvement on my overall health has been immense - I hope it does the same for you Raslee.
[/quote] That's reassuring to read Lozz. I have suffered a lot of lurghi's over the last few years, some I've put down mostly to having young children and their magnetism for all things buggy. I've had tonsillitis averagely 3-4 times a year for about 20 years - often causing me two weeks a year off work...and of course a few gig cancellations over the years, but it was when my new GP discovered what I did as a day job and that we shared some complex patients in the community that he was sympathetic to the chronicity of my tonsillitis and got a referral into ENT.

Anyhow, I'll quit here - it's taking me ages to type this far with falling asleep on my laptop...I'm funked on the Oramorph & fever :D Thanks for the ongoing love & jokes folks :)