Why become a member? ×

Least favourite? Most hated?

ubit

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1431085327' post='2767623']
I think we are long overdue a spoons revival in rock.
[/quote]

*cough* OK, we don't actually play the spoons, we are the 'spoons ;)

Edited by neepheid

For the most part I hate anything that I describe as "vomit rock" where, from time to time, the heavy metal "singer" sounds like he's hurling his lunch across the room. Surprisingly, on the positive side (very surprisingly, actually) and thanks to a son who listens to them all the time, I've started to become rather fond of Coldplay's work.

<><Peace

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1431530340' post='2772287']
In terms of hatred, traditional Irish music, I cannot stand it.
[/quote]

Though i would not go as far as hatred, Irish trad is far from the top of my list. However some of Ireland's best trad players have pushed the boat out. This is what you get when you combine some of the countries top trad musicians with a selection of funky rockers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMb3Ew2Ny8&list=RDTvGFEAUEfzE&index=4

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1431530340' post='2772287']
In terms of hatred, traditional Irish music, I cannot stand it. I also don`t like what is laughingly called R&B nowadays - R&B is Dr Feelgood!
[/quote] amen to that

Sitting in cafe Nero at the moment, and all this 'wartime ' music is being played. I f@@king hate it! Always depressed me as a kid. Vera Lynne ( rhymes with gin)- totally depressing . She won't be meeting me again. Never met her the first time . There must have been a major bipolar problem in the 3os/ 40s with that drivel being played .
Thankfully , I have my headphones with me .

Maybe if they played the Italian equivalent , it may be better. Do today's heroes listen to that stuff?
Not exactly slayer is it ?!

I do have one confession tho' ; as a dare me & a few friends used to select songs from the pub dukeboxes with the intention of finding the most irritating song. I found sally by Gracie fields. Coats were got..

Like everyone else I have my likes and dislikes, but if we are really talking intolerable, blood-pouring-out-of-every-orifice levels of physical pain and suffering, I find Deep Purple’s ‘Child in Time’ very hard to beat. Especially the ‘Made in Japan’ live version. In order to avoid something like the 'head popping' scene from David Cronenberg's 'Scanners' taking place, I absolutely have to be out of the room well before the full-on falsetto screaming bit kicks in. Truly awful, brain-destroying stuff.

[quote name='GrammeFriday' timestamp='1431773303' post='2774800']
Like everyone else I have my likes and dislikes, but if we are really talking intolerable, blood-pouring-out-of-every-orifice levels of physical pain and suffering, I find Deep Purple’s ‘Child in Time’ very hard to beat. Especially the ‘Made in Japan’ live version. In order to avoid something like the 'head popping' scene from David Cronenberg's 'Scanners' taking place, I absolutely have to be out of the room well before the full-on falsetto screaming bit kicks in. Truly awful, brain-destroying stuff.
[/quote]

I find anything by Deep Purple extremely naff.

Most of it sounds - to me anyway - like it was written by a school teacher for a 'with it' Yr6 school musical, or maybe by a leader at a council yoof club.

[quote name='GrammeFriday' timestamp='1431773303' post='2774800']
Like everyone else I have my likes and dislikes, but if we are really talking intolerable, blood-pouring-out-of-every-orifice levels of physical pain and suffering, I find Deep Purple’s ‘Child in Time’ very hard to beat. Especially the ‘Made in Japan’ live version. In order to avoid something like the 'head popping' scene from David Cronenberg's 'Scanners' taking place, I absolutely have to be out of the room well before the full-on
falsetto screaming bit kicks in. Truly awful, brain-destroying stuff.
[/quote]

' Made in Japan' is my all time favourite Live Rock Album. No overdubs here, just one of the greatest Rock bands recorded in their prime. Out of the room with you then!!

Edited by leroydiamond

Hate Elbow, whinging 'ee up one day like this a year'll see me right' norhern moaning... Stop whining, get a shave, get some qualifications and stop going on about coal! There's this thing called 'climate change' you know!!

Sam Smith and anyone else who sings like they're about to cry. Katie Melua. And i like 'proper' rap like what we had in the olden days, Public Enemy, NWA et al, but the newer 'bidges hoes and weed' stuff - yeah. Not so much...