Why become a member? ×

tribute bands, who plays in one

lojo

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1430424942' post='2761411']
First was Invisible Touch, mid-90s to early 2000s, then a stint with In The Cage kind of mid-2000s to 2007 or 08. Did a one off with The Carpet Crawlers from Liverpool around the same time, and was later hired by ReGenesis but didn't gig with them due to cabinet reshuffles. I often bump into current and ex incumbents on the prog gig circuit - there seem to be more Genesis tribs around now than ever before.
[/quote]G2 announced recently that their 'Mike' was leaving - Parkinson's has finally got the better of him sadly. Loads of time for Mike Rutherford and it must be a tough gig being him.

Been playing bass in Not The Rolling Stones for over 10 years, we've gigged in Croatia, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Kuwait and France (Le Mans) and we are off to Bulgaria this year. Done everything from biker festivals to a 70th birthday party. I love it.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBOA7CmjiV8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBOA7CmjiV8[/url]

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb8AO63uRd4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb8AO63uRd4[/url]

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1430430250' post='2761477']
G2 announced recently that their 'Mike' was leaving - Parkinson's has finally got the better of him sadly. Loads of time for Mike Rutherford and it must be a tough gig being him.
[/quote]

Yeah, very sad news. Dave has a pillar of the Genesis trib scene since very soon after the time I started in the mid-90s - and passed on incredibly valuable info about how to keep a Moog Taurus I in tip-top condition (mine weren't).

I've been in two. First one was Wishbone Ash tribute in the mid '70's before it become really popular to be a tribute band. The second in the '90's was a Quo tribute, Piledriver, later change to Counterfeit Quo. They are still going and getting some huge gigs. We played with John Coghlan as Coghlan's Quo a number of times doing theater gigs.

Edited by Bassman Sam

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1430434547' post='2761523']

Yeah, very sad news. Dave has a pillar of the Genesis trib scene since very soon after the time I started in the mid-90s - and passed on incredibly valuable info about how to keep a Moog Taurus I in tip-top condition (mine weren't).
[/quote]Emailed him a couple of times about stuff and he's a nice chap.

I'm in The ELO Experience, a pro band that plays predominantly theatre shows throughout the UK.
Possibility of future tours in Europe and the US too. I really enjoy it, largely down to working with
great people ( both band and crew ) which makes it a lot of fun.
www.eloexperience.com

Edited by casapete

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1430424968' post='2761412']
RATM tribute: Radge Against The Machine. Formed in 2011, we stopped in June 2014 when our singer decided to quit. We haven't found anybody suitable since. From time to time we look... and next Monday we are auditioning a guy who seems very promising, we'll see!
[/quote]

Saw you guys at the newcastle 02 academy a few years ago I think (was a tribute band night with the Rawmones and the Reet hot chilli peppers), was a great gig and you guys sounded awesome. Sucks that your singer quit, hope you find someone again soon!

As some of you know, I'm in a Police tribute. I've done two in the past 8 or so years but my current one has an amazing Copeland. There is one youtube video of us with me dropping an absolute howler but I'll try and find it

I can't paste the link in. I used to be able to.
aha done it now, in a slightly later post

Edited by police squad

[quote name='James Nada' timestamp='1430421343' post='2761351']
We dress in late 60s looking clothing but do not go for a look-a-like approach. We dress the stage in a 60s/pyscadellic theme.

How would you categorise that? Semi-tribute?
[/quote]

Homage?

Edited by tauzero

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1430468194' post='2761621']
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kh1geYG2V6Y

That's got it!!
[/quote]

That was magic and if that's the extent of you dropping a howler then I positively have died on stage! You recovered perfectly. I was well impressed by that performance mate. Great sound for a three piece!

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1430467765' post='2761615']
As some of you know, I'm in a Police tribute. I've done two in the past 8 or so years but my current one has an amazing Copeland. There is one youtube video of us with me dropping an absolute howler but I'll try and find it

I can't paste the link in. I used to be able to.
aha done it now, in a slightly later post
[/quote]

I would love to be in a Police tribute but my singing is appalling! Mind you, some might say so is my bass playing! 😝

I used to be in a Stereophonics tribute band. Not lookalikes but sound alikes....well except for the boring bass lines on most of their songs....I made my own up so maybe we were a "homage to" band. ;)

in the early 2000s we were called Performance and Cocktails, after the album tittle and then I left to go to live in Tenerife and they changed the name to The Phonics (bit naughty I thought!). I returned in 2008 to play a few more gigs with them .

The highlights were definitely the three gigs we did at Rock City in Nottingham as part of an all day Charity event that raised tens of thousands of pounds for the Julie Cotton Foundation. Played to 1500-2000 (whatever the capacity is) and had everybody singing along to every song.

The Stereophonics are one of those bands that the general public don't realise that they know all their hits!

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1430413482' post='2761217']
Bilbo's not in a tribute band, but I'm fairly sure he wants to be... :P
[/quote]

I am facing redundancy imminently and may need to be. 'What a marvellous night for a .........'