Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazine - Column about Basschat

Silvia Bluejay

Hey, just arrived. Do I get cake now?

I think this is a good move, and congrats to Silvia for being recognised for her journalistic skills! The magazine has ups and downs, but I still find it an entertaining read. If nothing else, this column should raise the profile of Basschat in the wider bass community.

• 2 months later...

Well commiserations to Sylvia.

As a media personality myself, I am well acquainted with the topsy turvy machinations of feeding the fickle public's taste. However nothing prepared me for the horror of this month's Basschat Column in BGM.

I can say no more at this juncture but suffice to say, if it was me I would be consulting my team of legal advisors.......

Thanks Rob! The article has the same number of words, but limited magazine space and the addition of some new contributors has dictated the axing of my photo, which in a sense is a relief. After all, if people keep reading the Basschat column from now on, at least it won't be because of the (rather superannuated)-girlie-with-a-bass pic. :D
I can't say whether BC has gained any more members than it would have without the article, or if BGM has gained any extra subscribers, but neither was the aim of the exercise. What Joel wanted primarily was to strengthen the relationship between BC and BGM, and spread the word about both as widely as possible. That we are certainly achieving. :)

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1437907725' post='2829827']
I like the idea of an acoustic bass roundup. If you could herd them all into a corner or a pen it would be so much easier to make sure none escape the flamethrower .
[/quote]

;)