Why become a member? ×

Low End basses!!!???

bubinga5

[quote name='simwells' post='262034' date='Aug 13 2008, 11:03 PM']They do look nice, but I thought you were suggesting that they were just general low end (bottom of the market) basses. Can understand why they chose the name but could have done with more thought.[/quote]

The shop they're sold through is Brian Barrett's "The Low End" - a bass specific shop. Does it make more sense now?

[quote name='bubinga5' post='261897' date='Aug 13 2008, 08:33 PM']Low End..Anybody heard of these. Or played?? They look very wide at the top of the neck.. Bloody nice mind..[/quote]
Is this an advertisement? Those are the pictures off the [url="http://www.lowendbasses.com/"]website[/url], down to the file names. You could have just linked to their [url="http://www.lowenddistribution.com/lowendbasses/gallery.html"]Gallery[/url].

Edited by bnt

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='262102' date='Aug 14 2008, 12:23 AM']Stop chasing rainbows and buy the f***ing GB! You aint never gonna be satisfied if tou carry on like this, like a teenage virgin with w*** mags.[/quote]

Im gonna have to put that one in my sig, a classic. :)

[quote name='bnt' post='262078' date='Aug 13 2008, 11:53 PM']Is this an advertisement? Those are the pictures off the [url="http://www.lowendbasses.com/"]website[/url], down to the file names. You could have just linked to their [url="http://www.lowenddistribution.com/lowendbasses/gallery.html"]Gallery[/url].[/quote]
No it is not..And Bass Ferret you are right!!!!!! :)

Nowt wrong looking and sharing though hey!!!

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='262102' date='Aug 14 2008, 12:23 AM']Stop chasing rainbows and buy the f***ing GB! You aint never gonna be satisfied if tou carry on like this, like a teenage virgin with w*** mags.[/quote]

Lol classic!

Judging from this and your previous posts enquiring about various basses, you seem to be in the market for a J-type bass with about £2000 to spend? That's a massive market that encompasses everything from SX right through Fender, Bacchus on to Sadowsky, Lull and beyond to Fodera and Celinder. As you are probably finding just about every bass manufacturer/luthier offers something in J-type which can make the choice a little overwhelming...

Once you are going to spend £1000 upwards you're very unlikely to get a bad bass, however you might not get [b]the right bass for you[/b]. Unless you have disposable cash about to order without playing or you are prepared to trade your way through the basses that don't do it for you until you find "THE ONE", you are going to need to go and play some basses to figure out what appeals and what doesn't. Start by taking a day trip to London and spend some time at The Gallery. You might find what you like but even if you don't you'll have a better idea then just looking at pictures on web sites.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='262403' date='Aug 14 2008, 01:36 PM']Judging from this and your previous posts enquiring about various basses, you seem to be in the market for a J-type bass with about £2000 to spend? That's a massive market that encompasses everything from SX right through Fender, Bacchus on to Sadowsky, Lull and beyond to Fodera and Celinder. As you are probably finding just about every bass manufacturer/luthier offers something in J-type which can make the choice a little overwhelming...

Once you are going to spend £1000 upwards you're very unlikely to get a bad bass, however you might not get [b]the right bass for you[/b]. Unless you have disposable cash about to order without playing or you are prepared to trade your way through the basses that don't do it for you until you find "THE ONE", you are going to need to go and play some basses to figure out what appeals and what doesn't. Start by taking a day trip to London and spend some time at The Gallery. You might find what you like but even if you don't you'll have a better idea then just looking at pictures on web sites.[/quote]
+1

Well said BigRedX

To be honest I have never considered going custom because I see it as sort of a last resort if none of the companies can offer something you like. I would be pretty uncomfortable ordering one in case it didn't do exactly what I wanted, which would be a fairly long shot or at best an educated guess.

Obviously this can be resolved by playing several from the stable and mixing and matching qualities and lots of 'face time' with whoever is making the bass but frankly for the legwork involved I think I would prefer to get one off the shelf I can try first!

(No disrespect to people who make or buy customs of course, I just don't have the balls or patience)

ped

Dear OP

I can cure your GAS(full-stop)

I can put you onto someone selling Me'shell N'degeocello's Celinder bass :)

Surely that would stop your 'rainbow chasing' antics :huh:

Regards

Mr Hunt

<edit to stick in a smiley as I am being genuine and not being an ars*>

:huh:

Edited by warwickhunt