Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show - 7 & 8 March 2015

bassguitarshow

I already had a great day today just strolling around London, visited Denmark Street and The Gallery for the first time. Met Justjn Huth, Darryl Anders and Steve Lawson at The Gallery, which was a pleasant surprise :)

I also spoke to a bloke from Aberdeen who sold his '78 Precision to No.Tom guitars today, I wonder if he's on BC :)

You can recognize me by my Mono bag tomorrow, I'll probably be carrying around my beloved bass all day. So if I understand correctly there's no time or exact meeting point?

We arrived early and set up in record time today.

A big delivery of Harvest leather bags and straps arrived and the sexiest ever red leather gig-bag is calling my name!

Douglas Mullen turned up with 8 of his Eve basses and painstakingly explained every single piece of exotic wood contained in one of them - almost all of which will be forgotten by tomorrow :)

I'm genuinely excited to be spending some time on the stand with Roger Sadowsky. I love his philosophy of making basses for 'working' musicians. He must have a lot of instruments out there being used night after night on the live gigging circuit. I've certainly gigged a few over the years and they just always seem to sit nicely in a band mix - I'm absolutely going to be quizzing him about how this works!

Of course I'm supposed to be very professional and talk to him as a 'business partner' by I know I'm going to be a bit star-struck and gushy :)

Not enough time to really scope out many other stands but we're next to Hartke and saw Stu Hamm going over every single item on the stand and, on the other side, the MusicMan setup looks really cool with a little live stage, the new amp/cab range and a huge stack of basses!

We also got a last minute offer to take a little pop-up stand in an empty space so we're going to clear out some really cheap strings, t-shirts, pickups etc. as well. We don't usually get the chance to do this so we've stocked up on a lot more smaller items than in previous years :)

I generally spend the days before the show dreading all the logistics and hassle of setting everything up and then being on my feet for 2 days surrounded by slap-monsters but this year I'm feeling really up for it!

Plus we have a wonderful offer of some BC members, and customers, who are going to buy us coffee, lunch and chocolates :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1425683581' post='2709828']
A big delivery of Harvest leather bags and straps arrived and the sexiest ever red leather gig-bag is calling my name!
[/quote]

Barrie - I bet you could sell that red bag a gazillion times over! I have no use for it... but I want it to hang on the wall!

I'll be there on Sunday, BC lanyard proudly displayed! I'll be the one wandering around trying out amps with a Rikkers! <drools>

Never forget to take earplugs! The old foam type will do, it's more about keeping you sane. They do have some for distribution at the show, I remember that from last year.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1425689918' post='2709885']
Whats with all the lanyard excitement? It seems like theres a party that I wasn't invited to...?
[/quote]

Some of us have BC lanyards that we picked up at various Bass Bashes. It's a good way of identifying a fellow BCer in a crowd.

If you don't have one, you'll just have to accost those of us that do if you want a chat. Everyone's invited to the party! :-)

I don't know if bluejay might be bringing any spares this time? Might be a bit much with the cameras and tablet as well.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1425720502' post='2709981']
Having breakfast at Walton on Thames Station right now! I'll be on the 9.40 train :-)
[/quote]

I'm in bed and have no reason for wearing pants this weekend. I win! :-p

[quote name='interpol52' timestamp='1425718372' post='2709960']

...The guitar to bass ratio at all the shows I have been to recently has been 99:1 so this should be a nice change.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, due to the popularity of Royal Blood, you may be in for a shock - at least tone-wise... ;-)

Had to do an emergency visit to my old mum so I am now sat at Clapham Junction instead of enjoying Lee Rocker. Forgot my BC lanyard too in the rush. Nevermind, looking forward to it anyway.