Why become a member? ×

Free BASS guitar magazine.

billynoband

Did anyone else get a free copy of Bass guitar magazine land on their door mat this morning, if you payed for it I would complain too. Their is plenty in the mag, not bad at all apart from the review of 5 very expensive square boxes with 12" speakers in them that you could build yourself for £120.

[quote name='simon1964' post='254288' date='Aug 4 2008, 12:03 PM']Have they been sending free copies to Basschat members?[/quote]
I doubt it, we don't have any postal address data for members and we don't give out real names or any other personal information to third parties without members written consent.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='254356' date='Aug 4 2008, 01:26 PM']I still haven't received my subscription copy :-([/quote]
Got mine a couple of days ago :) and I am a subscriber, so I trust I shall get a free one tacked on to the end of the current run :huh:

[quote name='billynoband' post='254154' date='Aug 4 2008, 09:46 AM']not bad at all apart from the review of 5 very expensive square boxes with 12" speakers in them that you could build yourself for £120.[/quote]

Please can someone PM me with the details of how to make something that sounds like an Agi or Berg for £120 ?? I may even drop you a fiver if it works :)

[quote name='alexclaber' post='254661' date='Aug 4 2008, 04:52 PM']Whichever ones spend the most on advertising... :)

Alex[/quote]
I'm waiting for anything distributed by JHS to ever get a bad review anywhere ..... or Taylor/Digitech/Washburn from Sound Tech for that matter.

Maybe they advertise heavily [i]because[/i] their products are flawless?

[quote name='coasterbass' post='254618' date='Aug 4 2008, 04:23 PM']Please can someone PM me with the details of how to make something that sounds like an Agi or Berg for £120 ?? I may even drop you a fiver if it works :)[/quote]

My GS112s sound like they [i]did [/i]cost £120.... :huh:.... I recently a/b-d them with my old Trace 1153 and it dusted them completely. Unfortunately I don't still own it and it's heavier than is comfortable. Anyone know where I can get something similar that weighs 15lb less?