Why become a member? ×

Free BASS guitar magazine.

billynoband

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='254766' date='Aug 4 2008, 06:43 PM']Drop BFM a fiver and he will.[/quote]

Quite right, but you will never persuade the non believers .

Sorry did I say £120 to build something better than those crates with trendy names, I meant £100 ish

BMF T24 plans £10ish
wood 1/2 inch £30
Beta 10 £42.99
Speaker terminals £2.99
Blackboard paint £5.99
Glue £6.98
Corners £3.99
Screws £2.89
2.5mm cable £1.99

[quote name='billynoband' post='254803' date='Aug 4 2008, 07:51 PM']Quite right, but you will never persuade the non believers .

Sorry did I say £120 to build something better than those crates with trendy names, I meant £100 ish

BMF T24 plans £10ish
wood 1/2 inch £30
Beta 10 £42.99
Speaker terminals £2.99
Blackboard paint £5.99
Glue £6.98
Corners £3.99
Screws £2.89
2.5mm cable £1.99[/quote]

your own time - priceless, but for everything else theres mastercard

i got one in my name, even though ive only ever given them my name once and that was ages ago to order a back issue i wanted. perhaps they're sending them out to anyone who's ever givent them a name and adress (like past suscribers and people like me who have ordered back issues)

Sounds like a mail merge went wrong to me..

Anyway i've got my copy (cheers Tonyf !). It's a good issue, the effects feature is very informative, need to digest it thoroughly though, which will probably take a few reads. Also the Sterling 5/Bongo 6 reviews have really not helped the old GAS.

Hello everyone,

At BGM we're currently investigating as to why this error has occured - it appears as though there has been an error in retrieving data from our database that has resulted in several people who have bought a single back issue receiving a copy of the latest issue. However, despite the error each and every subscriber should have received their copy by now. If you haven't, please do call us the office at your very earliest convenience and we will check that your subscription is still current and dispatch any missing issue to you free of charge.

Many thanks for your understanding & best regards from all at Bass Guitar Magazine.

Alun Lower
Editorial Assistant
01884 266100

Bastards! I'm a subscriber (or should I say, my wife gifted it to me :) ).
Mine landed on the hall floor at 7:30am Saturday, when I like to have a late one, no such luck.
I opened it and it was the best issue for ages, which had me sitting in the lounge in me bills reading the Jeff Berlin interview, then the fx feature, then the 12" shoot-out.
The Berg was the best but the most expensive.

[quote name='chris_b' post='256598' date='Aug 6 2008, 06:55 PM']I didn't subscribe and didn't get a free bass mag through the post and I'm not happy.... how many other magazines that I haven't subscribed to haven't I got!![/quote]
So what you don't know CAN hurt you?! :)

Someone paid for a subscription for my birthday three months and a bit ago and I still haven't had a copy!

Or a reply from the subscription phone number when we phoned to find out where it is.

Now that people are getting it free I'm even more p*ss*d off :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='clauster' post='256639' date='Aug 6 2008, 07:19 PM']Someone paid for a subscription for my birthday three months and a bit ago and I still haven't had a copy!

Or a reply from the subscription phone number when we phoned to find out where it is.

Now that people are getting it free I'm even more p*ss*d off :)[/quote]

Just want to say I feel the same. I took out a subscription months ago, the first issue I was due to receive never turned up, so I went to WH Smiths and bought a copy and asked them to put my subscription back a month. Next issue came out and I had to chase for a copy, called them up and they apologised and sent out another. A week later it turned up at my parents home with half my old address and half my new address which considdering one is in cheltenham and the other in wales was a miracle.

So latest issue, 2 weeks after everyone else has received their subscription copy nothing has turned up. I called them last week, to chase AGAIN!!! and make sure they have the correct address, they say they will send another copy. It is now another week later and still nothing.

I am seriously dissapointed in the service, so much so i am going to blast them on the phone in a minute, muppets!

I had the same thing at Xmas when I renewed my subscription, but a quick call soon sorted things out. Its not the greatest run outfit in the world, but its worked fine since.

PS. Q: "Why are there no copies in WHSmith?" A: Probably because the rest of the print run went straight out to non-subscribers! :)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='billynoband' post='254803' date='Aug 4 2008, 07:51 PM']Quite right, but you will never persuade the non believers .

BMF T24 plans £10ish
wood 1/2 inch £30
Beta 10 £42.99
Speaker terminals £2.99
Blackboard paint £5.99
Glue £6.98
Corners £3.99
Screws £2.89
2.5mm cable £1.99[/quote]

Not knocking BFM Omni cabs as I haven't tried one but ...

Of course what you pay for with a Bergantino (for example as I have a pair) is for someone else to design, develop, market and make them, then ship them several times and to make enough money to keep doing that.
The name is fairly irrelevant but the portability and superb sound (to my ears) is well worth the cost... oh and the used value is also high.

Personally I'd rather spend my valuable time out of the shed and out gigging to pay for GAS.