Why become a member? ×

Faith No More return!

fretmeister

Totally my favourite band for years. I got into the Brixton Academy gig aged just 12 thanks to my sister's then boyfriend and his mates. I've seen them loads including in the states. For me "the real thing" was their best but loved older stuff with chuck mosely and thought "angel dust" was a great album too. Thought they were way better whenever Jim Martin was involved.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1409692773' post='2542400']
love Faith no More. this was from a favourite album. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAUXPkx7gMI[/media]
[/quote]

Ah yes! Has to be one of my favourite FnM songs. This is the album where they matured into a really classy outfit in my opinion.

Its funny that FNM has been mentioned.
I was in talks with a group of guys about joining them, They said they were a rock band and when they asked me to put some songs forward i told them I'd love to have a go at either "A small victory" or "Ashes to ashes" just to sound them out.....they sounded gob smacked and none of them had heard of FNM. they asked me to put forward "Something they all know" <_<

I didnt join lol

I really hope they obtain their snearing comedy that I loved so much

Edited by fumps

I saw them at Hyde Park in summer. I'd never really paid them much attention before then but they really blew me away with one of the crispest, sharpest, edgiest live performances I have seen. The singer, whose name escapes me at the moment (see, I told you I wasn't a fan) was tremendous, real power and control in his voice.

[quote name='Skybone' timestamp='1409730302' post='2542626']
Saw them way back in 1988, with their original frontman Chuck Mosely. Never gelled with Mike Patton as a frontman after Chuck left.
[/quote]
Yeh I know a few people like that who prefered Chuck !
I got into them as Mike was just finding his feet as a frontman.....I still think he's one of the best I've ever seen live

Saw them in '92 supporting Guns N Roses.
They blew GnR, off the stage. Made them look cabaret by comparison.
I've had Angel Dust on a lot in my van this summer actually - found my old tape(!). Hadn't heard it for nearly 15 years but my, it really is a timeless classic.

Peerless band.