Why become a member? ×

the Bass Centre - Wunjo Guitars

MacDaddy

So I'd popped in to the Bass Centre in Denmark Street one Saturday, wanting to try a Peavey Vypyr VIP 3. They didn't have one in, but could order one. I said that I didn't know about buying it, I just wanted to try it.
Laurence (sales chap) said they'd had a few enquiries about them, and that they would order one, and I could try it, and if I didn't want it no worries because it would be a cool thing to have in the shop.
So the following Saturday I'm back there (after having received a text during the week) to try it. They'd received it on the Thursday but hadn't unboxed it, as they were waiting for me to try it first. This I did with a selection of basses, and Laurence even went to Wunjo to get a guitar so I could try that (VIP stands for variable input).
They beat the internet price threw in a lead and free delivery so I didn't have to take it home on the Tube.

Awesome!

I go in and try stuff quite regularly, I feel bad because the biggest purchase I've made there was an amp, but the guys (especially Laurence) are always welcoming, ask how I'm getting on with my gear and never have any qualms about letting noodle on their basses.

My next bass will definitely come from there.

I think it was Laurence I dealt with the last couple of times I've been in there myself - very helpful feller, and the other staff have always been good as well. I thought it was a nice touch that he vaguely remembered me from previous visits. Thinking back, I've only ended buying a couple of more esoteric basses from them - the 8-string and the fretless - though god knows I've nearly pulled the trigger on several other specimens they've had in there!

I always have to post when I see something about Wunjo. So far I've bought 2 USA Jazz deluxes (4&5 string) so around £2700ish plus accessories like strings and hercules holders - the reason? Because of the great, friendly, not-overbearing service, and their ability to match internet prices. Laurence always recognises me too and greets me warmly like an old friend, telling me to play what I like and giving me space. I'm so glad other people are having such positive experiences too. Thank christ we have a bass store in Denmark St now which is customer service savvy. I would always go out of my way to travel into London to give them my custom as I'm so pleased with their service.

I think if you've had a great experience, let them know via email - I'm sure management and the staff involved would really appreciate it. [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1406961298' post='2516187']
My home bass shop. And I live in Devon!
[/quote]

Snap, and I live in South Wales!!

The job they did de-fretting an Ibanez SR300 for me was brilliant. Their service is great and friendly and when I'm in the market for a new bass I know where I'll be going.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1406965959' post='2516228']
Are we really talking about good service in Denmark Street??? Time was the service was so bad you'd leave there feeling dirty and abused...nice to see that they've turned it around.
[/quote]

Been several threads about Wunjo now on here - yes, great service in Denmark Street - may not sound believable but really is worth a trip. Their guitar shop has some lovely unusual stuff in there as well.