Jump to content
Sarah5string

What are you listening to right now?

Recommended Posts

All I’m listening to right now is the gale-like wind through the trees outside my house......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Amazing song from the soundtrack to the original The Wicker Man movie :

 

An excellent soundtrack. 
 There’s a version of this on Sneaker Pimp’s first album:

https://youtu.be/peug224n77E

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

An excellent soundtrack. 
 There’s a version of this on Sneaker Pimp’s first album:

https://youtu.be/peug224n77E

 

I actually know of this version, and while this cover actually being a fine song on it's own, I don't think it's actually a very good cover, the original, in my opinion being far superior in any way, and as far as I am concerned the trip-hop twist not really working successfully to add anything interesting, but on the contrary only obscure some of the best qualities of the original to some degree. 

Kind of for some of the same reasons that I think Johnny Cash's cover version of U2's "One" is a much greater song than the original.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likes me some  seriously funky old school hip hop, and especially Ice Cube's Death Certificate and Amerikkka's Most Wanted. Gets me fired up for a day of work ahead

Edited by Barking Spiders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/09/2020 at 09:46, Reggaebass said:

I’ve got that album, is that now crowded house 

No, though Keyboard player Eddie Rayner and Vocalist/Guitarist Tim Finn were once members of Crowded House. A later Split Enz' line up also included Neil Finn, who went on to form Crowded House.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pst62 said:

No, though Keyboard player Eddie Rayner and Vocalist/Guitarist Tim Finn were once members of Crowded House. A later Split Enz' line up also included Neil Finn, who went on to form Crowded House.

 

Thanks pst ☝️I thought there was a connection there somewhere but wasn’t sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TheMaartian said:

There's a CD I haven't played in a LONG time!

Yep i was the same. Forgot how much i enjoyed them. Did buy the last CD that Gary wrote but album was never released until after he passed away. Pretty good album too. More modern sounding than the 70's ones.

Fantastic band tho. Wish i had seen them in 70's

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Wee bit of 70's prog from Starcastle

 

Clearly a band who would have been more successful if they could have afforded Roger Dean instead of Tony Hart...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Yep i was the same. Forgot how much i enjoyed them. Did buy the last CD that Gary wrote but album was never released until after he passed away. Pretty good album too. More modern sounding than the 70's ones.

Fantastic band tho. Wish i had seen them in 70's

Dave

Here's one you may not have heard of. Twin Age. Neo prog band from Sweden. Their first release, Month Of The Year, is from '96. I won an autographed CD on a Rush fans listserv. I bought their 2nd and 3rd CDs. You'll recognize their influences. LLDOB, anyone?

 

Edited by TheMaartian
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheMaartian said:

Here's one you may not have heard of. Twin Age. Neo prog band from Sweden. Their first release, Month Of The Year, is from '96. I won an autographed CD on a Rush fans listserv. I bought their 2nd and 3rd CDs. You'll recognize their influences. LLDOB, anyone?

 

That's good. Apart from the obvious they also reminded me of IQ.

Will look into them a bit more.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name has cropped up on here a few times before...

Budgie - The MCA albums 3 disk box set has just landed - care of Music Magpie - Tenner, New...

Never turn ya back on a friend / In for the kill / Bandolier, that have now replaced the 'Best Of' that was on my mp3 player, and from where the compo tracks were drawn. Also got the latter Power Supply album... cracking

Load of Budgie on vinyl - but all that faff is tucked away...

I'm back in the late '90s... transported - Great Tunes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had never heard of this, but read about it in the biography of John Entwistle, so had a dig about the internet. It seems it was released on CD a couple of times but is now out of print and rare as hen's teeth.
Haven't listened to all of it yet, but it's interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smash_Your_Head_Against_the_Wall

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...