Why become a member? ×

Unusual thing(s) that you take to gigs

JapanAxe

[quote name='bumnote' timestamp='1395353327' post='2401608']
We used to take a plaster of paris chicken that we would award at the end of the night to the one who had made the most mistakes or one spectacular one.
[/quote]

Another fine idea! The Chicken of Shame! To be passed like the Black Spot from one culprit to another : D :D

soldering iron, leatherman, inflatable stonehenge, assortment of wigs and spandex (vinyl tap only), surgical tape - works better than plasters, ibuprofen, allen keys and feeler gauges. The drummer brings a rubber chicken, a beer bottle operner that makes a burping noise and a viking helmet so I don't bother with those.

After playing so many festivals and outdoor gigs in the 90's, experience has taught me that the most useful, unusual thing to take to a gig is bog roll. Even these days it is shocking the number of venues you play at where this simple item is missing. There is always a squashed flat roll in my gig bag and i've lost count on the number of people who have been saved with that secret stash.

Jazzyvee

Edited by jazzyvee

[quote name='dand666' timestamp='1395320999' post='2401043']
We always take our camper-van to most of our gigs, so a lot of food/booze/magazines e.t.c

Mostly we always try and make an event out of our gigs, as most of our weddings are on Saturday evenings, we drive up the night before, party in the local town, then head to the gig the next day. Then sleep over. Makes the weekend awesome.
[/quote]

I like this approach.