Why become a member? ×

Design your new Fender.

bubinga5

i think every Bass builder should have this option. Xotic have been doing it for ages. bit of fun really. [url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/american-design/instruments/"]http://www.fender.co...gn/instruments/[/url]

my favourite combo's :D

Edited by bubinga5

they need a few more (Fender) body colour options imo, but good call fender, a step in the right direction. you can get your neck plate personalised also. and do remember this is not the Custom Shop, but also i do wonder what the cost would be.?

also like the fact they will put a Jazz neck on a P Bass. :)

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1394749986' post='2394916']
I'm a Jazz Bass!

[i]A sleekly curvaceous body shape featuring an elegantly stylish and remarkably comfortable offset waist.[/i]
[/quote]

You've got to stop trying to use Basschat as an internet dating site, Ian. Trust me, it doesn't work.

I just went through the process on the web site and ended up with... a stock American Standard Jazz Bass in Olympic White. A lovely bass for sure, but unfortunately, when I went through the process of actually trying to buy that exact bass in real life, I gave up after the first five ( yes, five) examples that Fender sent me were defective or substandard in one way or another. Maybe Fender should rename it the American Substandard range? Never mind giving people the ability to design their own bass, Fender should concentrate a bit more on how they themselves are making them .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1394749986' post='2394916']
I'm a Jazz Bass!

[i]A sleekly curvaceous body shape featuring an elegantly stylish and remarkably comfortable offset waist.[/i]
[/quote]

Or a horrible skinny neck & an ugly lopsided body depending on your viewpoint..... :D