Why become a member? ×

What on earth happened here?

Well, that ain't something you see every day... :D

Functionless but demonstrating some rudimentary creativity I suppose - and don't mourn the donor bass, it was one of those Taiwanese Kay P copies from the 70s - not exactly a classic.

Jon.

The strings on the six string are upside down 'cause there's no room between the two necks to fit a hand without having it stuck there permanently. That's bloody fantastic that is - presumably the creative genius behind the thing only realised this small problem once the hacking about had begun. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall inside his head when the awful realisation struck. That bit of the brain that handle the "Oh FFS" emotions would have been kicking-off like the best fireworks display ever.

P

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1394021664' post='2386959']
I think the real problem is that "[i]the bass neck has been deferred[/i]".

Never de-fret to tomorrow what can be de-fretted until the day after ...
[/quote]

:D

On-board delay pedal? :ph34r:

There should be a Hall of Fame on here showing the worst attempts at fashioning an instrument. This one will definitely make it into it.

I still cant believe that there is somebody so talentless out there that can still breathe...

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1393974438' post='2386593']
It reminds me of the scene in the remake of The Fly where the guy comes out of the machine all jumbled up with a load of cables.
[/quote]

That's exactly what I thought too - Brundle Bass! :)

[quote name='philw' timestamp='1394016156' post='2386866']
The strings on the six string are upside down 'cause there's no room between the two necks to fit a hand without having it stuck there permanently. That's bloody fantastic that is - presumably the creative genius behind the thing only realised this small problem once the hacking about had begun.
[/quote]

Or you could be charitable and assume that the genius in question was attempting to make a tapping instrument. I can't think why Messrs. Chapman, Warr, and, er, Mobius haven't yet come up with an entirely fretless tapping instrument - the half-fretless Chapman Stick just shows a lack of commitment.

Simple explanation - a one-off custom for an ambidextrous guitar player. Play bass right handed, flip it over (presumably a la ZZ Top) and play geetar left-handed. Can't imagine why no-one has thought of it before...

Just given me an idea - have a 3 necked guitar, bass, fret-less bass, 6 string, radiating out like an aircraft propeller. Spin it round to the one you want to use next.

[quote]Just given me an idea - have a 3 necked guitar, bass, fret-less bass, 6 string, radiating out like an aircraft propeller. Spin it round to the one you want to use next. [/quote]

The radial guitar concept - nice! Would need to be a 4 string bass, 6 string geeetar, then surely an 8 string bass or a 12 string gee..? Imagine taking a break between songs to retune - the place would be shut before you'd finished!

As for the abomination for sale - I'm thinking "kindling"

Cheers,
Rich

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1394438987' post='2391223']
Simple explanation - a one-off custom for an ambidextrous guitar player. Play bass right handed, flip it over (presumably a la ZZ Top) and play geetar left-handed. Can't imagine why no-one has thought of it before...

Just given me an idea - have a 3 necked guitar, bass, fret-less bass, 6 string, radiating out like an aircraft propeller. Spin it round to the one you want to use next.
[/quote]

:)