Why become a member? ×

Shuker Jazz IV - Fatstacks, LEDS...

Mike

[quote name='OldGit' post='76624' date='Oct 19 2007, 05:33 PM']Oh Look at that!
No, really just look at that!
I hope your singer can cope with 34% less attention tonight :)[/quote]
To be honest with that colour we could easily be talking 36 even 37%.
That's a really beautiful instrument.

[quote name='Mike' post='76562' date='Oct 19 2007, 03:25 PM']The Photos!

I will get better ones. The picture with the LEDs didn't come out very well, suffice to say they look fab!

[/quote]

I have to say chaps and all you Shuker reps that that is one goooorgeous looking bass. 15 out of 10!!

Caption: "Give me your Shuker!"

[quote name='Mike' post='76184' date='Oct 18 2007, 08:54 PM']Cheers Mark. How was your fabulous bass working out?[/quote]
Yours looks gorgeous, mate. Congratulations.

It's amazing how the blue changes in different light -- it almost looks purple in some of those shots (probably due to the red case lining).

Mine is lovely in terms of playability and build quality -- but I've had little chance to try it with a band. We're rehearsing in a few days' time so hopefully I can provide some sort of review after that.

Enjoy yours!

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Tinman' post='76683' date='Oct 19 2007, 07:30 PM']nnnnnnnngggggggggghhhhhhhhhh oh dear, that's never happened before. NURSE!!!

Congrats Mike. See that, that's your bass that is.[/quote]

There! I [b]told[/b] you not to look at the blue pictures!

I saw the thread for this on Talkbass last night, and guessed it had to belong to someone from here. I think that's the best looking Shuker I've seen so far, and, as an owner of 2 pretty special looking Sadowsky basses, I'd also give your bass the nod as one of the best looking Jazz basses I've ever seen. It's nice to see Jon has decided to go with a more Fenderish type of headstock for his Jazz basses. Congratulations, that really is a breathtaking instrument.

Thanks for all your positive comments guys....gigged it last night. Sat really well in the mix - I know thats a cliche, but it did - sounded really rounded and tight, even open bottom Es - I struggled a tiny bit with the brightness - brand new strings and powerful EQ contributed to that but I got it under control. For some P bass numbers I soloed the front pickup and it sounded lovely.

Still delighted!

[quote name='bassaussie' post='76983' date='Oct 20 2007, 02:30 PM']It's nice to see Jon has decided to go with a more Fenderish type of headstock for his Jazz basses.[/quote]

Actually, as with all of the features, that's up to the person ordering the bass.
Jon has always made Fenderish headstocks for those who ask for them.