Why become a member? ×

Shuker Jazz IV - Fatstacks, LEDS...

Mike

This isnae fair ...
I emailed Jon on Monday and he reckons mine will be another week or two.
He said it was finished, he'd done the scratchplate but he still had to do the wiring, levelling the frets and set up to do.
Have I already mentioned that this isnae fair ...

[quote name='largo' post='75468' date='Oct 17 2007, 09:37 AM']This isnae fair ...
I emailed Jon on Monday and he reckons mine will be another week or two.
He said it was finished, he'd done the scratchplate but he still had to do the wiring, levelling the frets and set up to do.
Have I already mentioned that this isnae fair ...[/quote]

Keep tha' faith :)

[quote name='Mike' post='76110' date='Oct 18 2007, 06:01 PM']Nearly, but not quite. Stayed in all day today - no bass. Rang Jon about 10 times for a tracking number or something - no-one picking up the phone. I'm now at work tomorrow, and despairing.[/quote]
I know how you feel. Fate always drags out the last few days and hours of these things.

I hope it turns up pronto.

Cheers

Mark

Guys - it's here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at work - very close to where I live, so I wrote on a note stuck to my door that I was working in the back garden, and would not hear the doorbell, so would they kindly ring my mobile. When I got the call, I practically jumped out of the nearest window at work, into the car and drove like Jason Bourne all the way home. The delivery chap looked a bit bemused to see me drive up, but I signed for it and took it inside. Took photos while opening it....it's really fabulous. The neck feels amazing, the spec was just right, So comfortable. The finish is fab, LEDs look ace - I haven't plugged it in yet, I'm now back at work. Luckily I have a gig tonight and monday so can give it a stretch out!

And on the way back, got a call from my wife telling me that she passed her Citizenship Test - she's American - which is step one to getting her Indefinate Leave to Remain.

Good news all round.

I'll try my best to get pics up later- but might be difficult, as I'll be out.

Thanks for all your counselling over the last seven months!

A very happy Mike!

[quote name='Mike' post='76424' date='Oct 19 2007, 11:44 AM']Guys - it's here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at work - very close to where I live, so I wrote on a note stuck to my door that I was working in the back garden, and would not hear the doorbell, so would they kindly ring my mobile. When I got the call, I practically jumped out of the nearest window at work, into the car and drove like Jason Bourne all the way home. The delivery chap looked a bit bemused to see me drive up, but I signed for it and took it inside. Took photos while opening it....it's really fabulous. The neck feels amazing, the spec was just right, So comfortable. The finish is fab, LEDs look ace - I haven't plugged it in yet, I'm now back at work. Luckily I have a gig tonight and monday so can give it a stretch out!

And on the way back, got a call from my wife telling me that she passed her Citizenship Test - she's American - which is step one to getting her Indefinate Leave to Remain.

Good news all round.

I'll try my best to get pics up later- but might be difficult, as I'll be out.
Thanks for all your counselling over the last seven months!
A very happy Mike![/quote]

Congratulations Mike,
well done for hanging in there too.

Can't wait to see some pics and get a bit of feedback of those Nordstrand pickups, see if they're worth the wait!

Cheers,
Eude

Pics being uploaded now.

bass_ferret: When she has been married to me for two years - this jan, it will be - she needs to apply for residency, called indefinate leave to remain. We have to prove it's a real marriage - it's like being on probation for two years!