Why become a member? ×

Ordering from Thomann

Twincam

I don't have any experience ordering a bass from overseas so thought would ask.
Anyone have any recent experience from ordering from Thomann?.
I fancy a Hofner galaxy short scale i see in the UK there £250+ if i order from Thomann there £123 (not including postage).

I've only ordered from them stuff that can withstand shipping without risk of being damage, I would hate to have to re-pack a bass to send it back to Germany, I know they are good but I still don't trust or can't be bother the hassle.

This is because I bought my Ibanez Promethean Combo from them and when I opened the box the front grille was dented inwards, luckily I removed it placed it on a flat surface and was able to staighten it back to normal and there were no scratches. Goes to show that the gear sent by them does get thrown about in vans or plane cargo holds and nobody cares what's inside even if it says FRAGILE on the box

If you are looking for the fact that their prices are good, be adviced that there are uk online dealer that are recently matching their prices or even offering a tad less than them.

They're great. I ordered a vintage style Fender jazz bass case from them yesterday, as well as a load of other bits and pieces. Ive also used them in the past and have always had fantastic service from them.

The routine is:

You place your order.
You instantly get an email confirmation that it's been received.
When the order has been processed, they send you another email confirming it's on its way. This email will also contain a tracking link.
You can then follow your orders progress as it makes its way to you.

My experience has been that delivery from Thomann in Germany to Scotland (where I live) takes 3 working days.

Edited by kevin_lindsay

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1377952701' post='2194001']
They're great. I ordered a vintage style Fender jazz bass case from them yesterday, as well as a load of other bits and pieces. Ive also used them in the past and have always had fantastic service from them.

The routine is:

You place your order.
You instantly get an email confirmation that it's been received.
When the order has been processed, they send you another email confirming it's on its way. This email will also contain a tracking link.
You can then follow your orders progress as it makes its way to you.

My experience has been that delivery from Thomann in Germany to Scotland (where I live) takes 3 working days.
[/quote]

Sounds good, and quicker than some UK retailers!

Just got my Warwick Star Bass from them. Arrived well packed, box within a box. Got a good deal as you would appear to but have to watch their prices as somethings they are not competitive on. They do usually offer a longer guarantee than UK shops too, at least 2 years and offer a 30 day money back guarantee, try it free!

I ordered from them, not a whole instrument but some bits.

It was pretty painless, like ordering from Amazon. The goods arrived quickly fully professionally packed.

Unfortunately, I made a booboo while completing the order (I wanted some strings and forgot to add them). Even though it was my fault, because Thomann didn't read my email asking if anything could be done until after my order had shipped, they let me buy the strings free shipping. I was impressed.

Edited by Annoying Twit

Thomann are great for 'commodity' items that will always sound the same wherever they come from.

They seem to be going through an 'expensive' period at the moment though and have become a lot less price competitive than they used to be. Their historical strength in pricing tends to give them good listings in Google search but you can find lower prices on quite a lot of stuff at local UK dealers at the moment.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1377988494' post='2194522']
Thomann are great for 'commodity' items that will always sound the same wherever they come from.

They seem to be going through an 'expensive' period at the moment though and have become a lot less price competitive than they used to be. Their historical strength in pricing tends to give them good listings in Google search but you can find lower prices on quite a lot of stuff at local UK dealers at the moment.
[/quote]

Probably has something to do with the recent high taxes (at least here in Southern Europe).