Why become a member? ×

What Do YOU Play?

acidbass

Rickenbacker 4003 in Amber Fireglow.
DeArmond Guild Starfire, in Tobacco Sunburst finish.
Bernie Goodfellow Custom fretless - one of the first he made, dates from 1988, is gorgeous and in immaculate condition!
Gibson Victory in natural finish.
Fender Precision in Tobacco Sunburst.

Just can't resist 'em!!!! :)

[quote name='basse' post='295897' date='Sep 30 2008, 09:26 PM']It's REALLY nice. I'm surprised with the range of tones that I can get from its 2 jazz pickups. I usually don't like that combination because I like to be able to dial in a lot of crunch from time to time and this is able to do that. In fact, I've sold almost all of my 2J basses because I couldn't get that. But the Trussart will deliver it.
<snip>
If anyone wants additional photos of anything there, let me know and I'll post them.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, Very interesting, great looking unique bass there.

[quote name='basse' post='323705' date='Nov 6 2008, 08:01 PM']Cool! What kind of top is on there?[/quote]

It's sycamore - recovered from a skip in leeds, apparently (quite unique even for Wal).

Another pic:

Purchased 1983 and modified by the Wal guys in High Wycombe around '93 with a completely new Fender style body. The original neck was shaved down to Fender Jazz proportions -very slim and even narrower at the nut than a Jazz bass. The neck sits into the body deeper than the regular model also on request. Contouring on the back of the body and the top is very shapely and very severe - so the bass weighs a lot less than a regular Wal.

It used to look like this way back in '87 before all the changes:

Edited by Spoombung

Take a look at Steinberger; seriously different design that has done well for itself. I personally enjoy the flexibility that the size a weight offers as well as the reduced stress when compared to toting a heavier bass.

I only have a Steinberger GT-Pro right now but I have had both the STeinberger Frettless and fretted five string bass's as well as a four string.
cheers
Tim