Why become a member? ×

What Do YOU Play?

acidbass

I play a Vigier Excess II.

Cool bass, for me its some kind of hybrid between a Rick and a Jazz bass.

Nothing really fancy in terms of pre-amp, just a really well made bass. Kind of a marmite bass though, a couple of people have tried it and just not taken to it at all!

Currently playing an Ibanez SR300. Good for me as it is quite skinny so matches me. Very versatile, can make a wide range of sounds, do agree with some of the reviews that not to expect vintage or classic tones from it, very impressed for the price though.

I've tried other brands but I'm always most comfortable with a Fender Precision bass. I went through an Epiphone phase and have owned a few other brands but I stripped it right back & now use Fender P-basses almost exclusively. I have a Squier too which is about as much variety as you'll get from me right now!

Well, this is my first post in this forum.

I play mainly a Sadowsky MV5 with Nordstrand NJ5 single coils.
My "backup" bass is a custom Sandberg PM5 with maple neck, Häussel AlNiCo PUs and a Sadowsky preamp.

I am eagerly waiting for my Sadowsky NYC 5 string PJ5 to be finished

here's a rather complete list of stuff I am using regularly: [url="http://www.loes.lu/loes.lu/Gear.html"]http://www.loes.lu/loes.lu/Gear.html[/url]

[quote name='luckman67' post='573179' date='Aug 18 2009, 01:57 PM']My main bass now is a 1992 Rickenbacker 4003,even though I own other basses the Ric is number 1.[/quote]

Great collection, I'd like to have the same like that with those types of basses (with the Cirrus as a five string). Colours are also just as I would like it, with the exception of having the Rickenbacker JetGlo.

Today I have a 1 J-type and 1 P-type bass so I have 3 to go to match it hehe.

z

Other please state:

My '77 Pre Ernie ball Musicman Sabre in cream (Probably white originaly) with Rosewood board and black scratchplate. Sounds awesome, weighs a ton and still gets admiring looks whenever it's taken out. Better still it only cost me £300 (16 years ago). Still a huge Fender fan though-Love my '62 japanese re-issue jazz.

• 5 weeks later...