Why become a member? ×

What Do YOU Play?

acidbass

[url="http://www.crazeeworld.plus.com/kerbcrawlers/pages/gear_ian.htm"]http://www.crazeeworld.plus.com/kerbcrawle...es/gear_ian.htm[/url]

Aria ZZB Deluxe Bass (blue sunburst)
Burns Bison Reissue Bass (white).
Cort Violin Bass (antigue sunburst).
Danelectro Longhorn Bass (green burst).
Dean Rhapsody 8 String Bass (natural bubinga wood).
Dean Stage Acoustic guitar (natural).
Epiphone '58 Flying V Bass (black).
Epiphone Firebird guitar (white).
Fender USA Standard Jazz bass (Candy Apple Red 2008).
Fender 60th anniversary USA P Bass (3-tone sunburst finish).
Fender Precision Lyte Bass (Toffeeburst).
Fender Squier Modified Vintage 50's Precision Bass (Sunburst).
Fender Squier Classic Vibe 50's Precision Bass (Lake Placid Blue).
Fender Squier Precision Special Bass (Red sunburst).
Gibson SG Supreme Bass (Quilted maple top).
Gibson SGII guitar (Natural mahogany, 1974).
Gordy XR Custom fretless 'Explorer' style bass (natural wood finish).
Gretsch White Falcon guitar.
Hamer B12S short scale 12-String Bass (Translucent cherry flame).
Hamer Chaparral long scale 12-String Bass (Black)
John Birch SCDR stereo bass (greenburst).
Rickenbacker 620 12-string guitar (in Jetglo finish)
Rickenbacker 4003 (in fireglo finish)
Rickenbacker 4003 (in midnight blue finish)
Rickenbacker 4003 (in limited edition Blue Boy finish)
Tokai TST 50 guitar (Stratocaster type, fiesta red)
Warwick Streamer Chrome Tone Bass.
Warwick Custom Shop Thumb bass (Walnut gloss).

Hartke bass rig (HA3500 350w head, plus Transporter 2x10 and 4x10 cabs)
2x Trace Elliott 715 combo amplifiers

After selling my 87 Thumb 5 to a nice bloke in the States last year I decided to get a 4 string.

Bought a Squire Vintage Modified fretless Jazz off the e-place, 1 week old, the bloke bought it to try fretless and didn't like it, my gain.

The VM's getting Wizard 64's and a better bridge when I find the time, just having fun getting back into playing.

Looking for a Geddy Lee as well, which will become my main bass once I find one.

Not much point posting pics, y'all know what Jaco's bass of doom looked like when it was new.

Edited by WinterMute

At the moment, and for a few years, I've played Ibanez BTB.

Ibanez BTB556MP - Natural
Ibanez BTB405QM - Red Trans (even though Ibanez records say it wasn't a finish I'm sure this is stock)

My first bass was:

Yamaha RBX170 - Played to the ground! 24 frets, PJ pups...does everything you can! Learned everything on this bass from my first Iron Maiden tune to Billy Sheehan to Victor Wooten.
Got a Yamaha RBX270 that I lightly modded with a Basslines 1/4 pounder but I never use it if anyone wants it.
And a Yamaha RBX 375 which I still use...though not much.

Second bass was a Peavey Grind 6 and yes that's a jump from 4-string 34" scale to 6-string 35" scale.
Nice bass...not badly built for price but tone heavily woody...Want's to be fretless for sure.

Also got a Traben Array 5-string LTD edition with a Spalted Maple top...the spalt is quite picturesque but the bass just wasn;t right for me...More wasted money!
Powerful tone though thanks to the EMG style MM humbucker. Needs a new owner actually.

Then my Squier 5-string Jazz bass...Bought it cause I never saw a Squier Jazz 5-er before. It's nice and ripe for modding.

Then my current favourite my P-bass I put together.
The body is from a Squier and NOTHING else is lol!
Got DiMarzio Will Power pups, Hipshot tuners, Maple figerboard, Pearl scratchplate, BadAss II bridge and Black controls...Everything else is chrome.
I'll post pics sometime it's so loud!

So yeah...quite a lot there and not all good...or even being used...

I'm thinking about saving up for a Musicman Stringray 5 HH...but it's a lot of money if I grow not to like it over time.

Basically I'm tone chasing and GAS doesn't help.
These are my BASSES not guitars and what not...there's loads more!

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Golchen' post='479518' date='May 4 2009, 10:56 PM']I need to change my vote!

Haven't touched my Status since I bought a Fender Reggie Hamilton Jazz, and it feels like 'the one'.[/quote]

Nice! Pricey but nice.
Glad you found home...I find it very hard tracking down "The one". :)

• 3 weeks later...

[size=2]I'm left-handed, so my choice is always limited. I've just joined my first band for a long time, having been into studio stuff - recording, producing, songwriting - for the last 20 years. I still have my second bass after 29 years, which is an Ibanez RS924 (first was a Fender Mustang short scale and I wish I'd kept it too) This has such a great range of tones I'm glad I've stuck with it. It's what I will use gigging, as I did in the 80s. Last year, having come into a little money, I bought a Dean Performer acoustic which I use for recording and practising around the house. I love it to bits. I later bought a Peavey Millennium BXP 5 String, which sort of does the business, but is a bit anonymous. I wanted this primarily for recording, as I need the low B for a lot of the stuff I write, but I'm thinking of getting another 5-string, possibly a Dean Edge 5. I also currently have my eyes on a left-hand Aria fretless on eBay.[/size]

[attachment=26633:3_Basses.jpg]

I voted Fender as I use 3 very heavily customised P Basses but I also use a Tobias Toby Pro 4 and a BC Rich Mockingbird Heritage 4.
The Tobias only comes out to play on special occasions.
Right now, He's in a hardcase all clean and shiny.
Dont use the Mockingbird that much, Don't really like it in all honesty...
Crap action even with a new Gotoh bridge on it.

Going To Be Changing The Sunburst One To Black And White Checkerboard Soon.

PS. If anyone has the OLD fender precision Steve Harris signature model (released around 2001) and they want to sell it, let me know, i really want this bass

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='510148' date='Jun 10 2009, 01:35 PM']I voted Fender as I use 3 very heavily customised P Basses but I also use a Tobias Toby Pro 4 and a BC Rich Mockingbird Heritage 4.
The Tobias only comes out to play on special occasions.
Right now, He's in a hardcase all clean and shiny.
Dont use the Mockingbird that much, Don't really like it in all honesty...
Crap action even with a new Gotoh bridge on it.

Going To Be Changing The Sunburst One To Black And White Checkerboard Soon.

PS. If anyone has the OLD fender precision Steve Harris signature model (released around 2001) and they want to sell it, let me know, i really want this bass[/quote]

Nice!
I see you like BL 1/4 pounders?
I must put my P-bass one here, DiMarzio Will Power equiped and loud and responsive as you like. :)

And the Mockingbird...If you really don't like it (I certainly don't like any bass like that!), consider putting it up for sale.
It'll sell quicker than your amps I feel.

P.S.

No Ibanez?
I voted other!
I use Fender designs more these days; Fender, Musicman etc etc......
But Ibanez I'd say is overall...

Edited by Kongo

[/quote]

No Ibanez?
I voted other!
I use Fender designs more these days; Fender, Musicman etc etc......
But Ibanez I'd say is overall...
[/quote]

I am actually getting an Ibanez SR300L soon so I'll post pics when i get it

Edited by Rebel

Yamaha RBX374 < got it on flatwounds soon be be modded into a piccolo bass
Ibanez SRX705 <--- my only 5 string
Ibanez SR500 <--- my main bass and a total machine for shred offs with guitarists (I play bass, I'm better than him BY DEFAULT! Even if he is my mate and classmate XD )

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='510148' date='Jun 10 2009, 01:35 PM']PS. If anyone has the OLD fender precision Steve Harris signature model (released around 2001) and they want to sell it, let me know, i really want this bass[/quote]

PM'd