Why become a member? ×

Extra special new arrival! Recommendations?

Painy

Congratulations....

First bass....ahem.. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/213518-look-at-the-even-better-pics-1998-bass-collection-sgc-nanyo-sb301-in-metallic-pink-rare/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/213518-look-at-the-even-better-pics-1998-bass-collection-sgc-nanyo-sb301-in-metallic-pink-rare/[/url]

Hmmm..... daisy Rock could work. As much as I'd like to treat myself to a commemorative dream bass, that would probably involve a trip to Mr Shuker and parting with a rather substantial sum of money and with all available funds currently earmarked for a new more practical car (goodbye beloved Alfa) I think the missus may object. A small investment in her musical future however I can probably get away with!

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1375623460' post='2163537']
available funds currently earmarked for a new more practical car (goodbye beloved Alfa) I think the missus may object. A small investment in her musical future however I can probably get away with!
[/quote]

Congaratulations and well done!

But don't get rid of the Alfa - we managed for 5 years to use a real Mini (with a roof rack) for me, the missus and two boys.
Keep the Alfa or give it to me. :ph34r:

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1375623460' post='2163537']
Hmmm..... daisy Rock could work. As much as I'd like to treat myself to a commemorative dream bass, that would probably involve a trip to Mr Shuker and parting with a rather substantial sum of money and with all available funds currently earmarked for a new more practical car (goodbye beloved Alfa) I think the missus may object. A small investment in her musical future however I can probably get away with!
[/quote]

Are you sure you want her to have a musical future ? Why not try and steer her more towards the law or medicine ? Do you really want your precious daughter to end up as another burnt- out X Factor contestant with shattered dreams and who has no choice but to flaunt themselves for customers in a seedy lap dancing club to make a living , much like Discreet and myself are forced to do nowadays to make ends meet . If my Dad hadn't bought me a Squier Jazz Bass all those years ago things might have been very different .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1375646211' post='2163882']
Congratulations. Is this your first? If so, welcome to the world of NO SLEEP. :)
[/quote]

She's my second but her big sister is starting high school in September so its been a while!

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1375647204' post='2163901']

Are you sure you want her to have a musical future ? Why not try and steer her more towards the law or medicine ? Do you really want your precious daughter to end up as another burnt- out X Factor contestant with shattered dreams and who has no choice but to flaunt themselves for customers in a seedy lap dancing club to make a living , much like Discreet and myself are forced to do nowadays to make ends meet . If my Dad hadn't bought me a Squier Jazz Bass all those years ago things might have been very different .
[/quote]

Hmmm..... You could have a point. Perhaps I should just make her my new roadie instead. To be fair my Ampeg B500 combo alone without the extension cab weighs 96lbs to her 7lb 10 so she might struggle. Maybe spend the money on a sack barrow for her instead of a bass ;)