Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Cab Handle Problems

Clarky72

Loud and proud today. The bass player on before me had his two Ampeg 410's throught the PA. I was not jealous. My tshirt was bigger than his rig (EBAY order after the pub :blush:
[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/993694_10151873301796328_548257143_n_zpsd8db8729.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/993694_10151873301796328_548257143_n_zpsd8db8729.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1376856106' post='2180082']
Loud and proud today. The bass player on before me had his two Ampeg 410's throught the PA. I was not jealous. My tshirt was bigger than his rig (EBAY order after the pub :blush:
[url="http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/993694_10151873301796328_548257143_n_zpsd8db8729.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

Yeah, but just look at that frayed handle..! :o

:lol:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1376856106' post='2180082']
[url="http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/993694_10151873301796328_548257143_n_zpsd8db8729.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

In fairness, that is a BIG t shirt! :P

[quote name='headofire' timestamp='1376902429' post='2180424']
Poor choice of words, I meant the email asking for payment as my cab is almost ready. This was mentioned in several earlier posts, and is pretty standard. Apologies!
[/quote]

Ohhhh thank god for that. Nearly had to change my kegs.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1376909266' post='2180568']
Mid set action check.
[/quote]
An explanation of that move is given above the same photo,in my "For Sale " thread for that Geddy. How's that for a completely shameless plug :blush: And yes, that is a big shirt. I'm going to change it into a dress, but that's another story :P

Edited by karlfer

I understand that many of us like to support UK based businesses. I suppose Im the same with OBBM's cables, (plus they are just great cables).

However, I personally would think payment a day or two before delivery is a better option. Deposit? No issue. Full payment? Only if its going to be with me very very soon, and I have a delivery date with a few days.

As much as there is a sense of 'I'm supporting a business in the UK', that doesn't really matter to me now. I buy from a business because I want a product, and good service is key.

OBBM is great. Can't sing his praises enough. His "singerproof" XLR cable is still holding up perfect.

Music wise, I can only recall paying full whack upfront for my inear monitors - but that's kinda understandabe. They'd be left with a product unique to me if I didn't pay the balance.

16 Pages about a worn handle? I thought it was a major scare and lives were being lost!!

Handles - Mine have worn a bit over the 18 months I've had my S12 but, until it fails, not bothered. Thanks for the option Alex.

And the slating BF is getting is beyond belief and totally unjustified in my opinion ... do any other companies come in for this amount? Unreal!

A small British company making a really brilliant range of products - that the faithful that bought them are, in the highest majority, more than happy with (me included!), great customer service and an enthusiasm that I've never come across before in any industry - backing up there claims too? Who would have thought it! Jeez!

I bought my S12 blind, not hearing one before, just what I'd read on BC and a few emails to Alex - I'm so glad I did - I just hope some of the comments and digs I've just read don't deter anyone from making the move I did.
My S12 is the best piece of gear I've ever bought. Taters to the haters! BF4EVA!

Too hard to handle? :P

Edited by grunge666

[quote name='grunge666' timestamp='1376928770' post='2181040']

A small British company making a really brilliant range of products - that the faithful that bought them are, in the highest majority, more than happy with (me included!), great customer service and an enthusiasm that I've never come across before in any industry - backing up there claims too? Who would have thought it! Jeez!
[/quote]

I have a BF Big One, which I love, and I want my S12T/V to be different but still wonderful, but I just can't agree with you about great customer service.

Without wanting to sound like a stuck record - Communication and updates on the order process have been non-existent. I was told that my cab was almost ready and could I please pay the balance (another £860) No acknowledgement that my payment had been received, and now a month later I still have no cab and no idea of when it will be delivered. Call it what you want, but great customer service it most certainly isn't

I'm delighted that BF are doing well, and having a handmade, British, cab that seems to do no wrong, really floats my boat. Once it arrives, all this will just be a slight disappointment in the whole process, but at the moment, I'm not a happy camper :(

[quote name='grunge666' timestamp='1376928770' post='2181040']
16 Pages about a worn handle? I thought it was a major scare and lives were being lost!!

Handles - Mine have worn a bit over the 18 months I've had my S12 but, until it fails, not bothered. Thanks for the option Alex.

And the slating BF is getting is beyond belief and totally unjustified in my opinion ... do any other companies come in for this amount? Unreal!

I bought my S12 blind, not hearing one before, just what I'd read on BC and a few emails to Alex - I'm so glad I did - I just hope some of the comments and digs I've just read don't deter anyone from making the move I did.
My S12 is the best piece of gear I've ever bought. Taters to the haters! BF4EVA!

Too hard to handle? :P
[/quote]
Can you point us to the slating? all I have read is factual info regarding waiting times and times from final payment to shipping or opinions from people who have tried them yet disliked them, is that slating?

That's the feeling/impression I got reading some of the posts and comments. My opinion.

I had a faulty driver (Emminence's fault, not BF's) - emailed Alex after an evening rehearsal. Returned home from work next day - new driver waiting for me! That's my experience of their customer service, I'm disappointed ppl are having bad experiences.

Edited by grunge666

Update

Email from Alex this afternoon - should get my cab within a week. Sounds like he's been having a sneaky look on here and seen an unhappy bunny <_<

I don't want to slag BF, I want to be as happy with my S12 as I've been with my Big One, and I wish them nothing but success, but it's a big old world out there, and plenty of choice in the 212 market. They just need to pay a bit more attention to the people who are forking out top dollar for their stuff.

[quote name='grunge666' timestamp='1377016609' post='2182275']
That's the feeling/impression I got reading some of the posts and comments. My opinion.

I had a faulty driver (Emminence's fault, not BF's) - emailed Alex after an evening rehearsal. Returned home from work next day - new driver waiting for me! That's my experience of their customer service, I'm disappointed ppl are having bad experiences.
[/quote]

Not had to trouble them much, I lost a rubber foot, they sent me a full set (8) the following day. Just a dab of glue on the screw, never happened again. I also remember reams of emails with Alex about which cab, what I'm trying to achieve etc and the best part of a Saturday morning comparing a Midget with my then current cab, all before I spent a penny. I went home with two cabs and went back a few weeks later to swap the Midget for a Midget T. I have never looked back.

Regarding their looks, I would agree that most other cabs look better. But, to be frank, this is of no consequence to me at all. If you feel satisfied with someone saying to you 'looks like a nice cab', then go for the polished cabs. The reaction I got from band members was two lots of 'That is unreal!' when I got them to lift one and then when they heard what came from such a tiny box at a gig.

Edited by 4 Strings

Likewise, I didn't buy the cab to look pretty onstage. If I wanted something pretty onstage we'd get strippers on stage with us.

What I wanted an amazing sounding cab that didn't break my back carrying it, and that's exactly what I have.

That said, I don't see the cab as ugly by any stretch, it looks great. it's rough and ready, way more rock'n'roll that some super shiny sparkly piece of crap!