Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Cab Handle Problems

Clarky72

[size=4][quote name='stevie' timestamp='1376766350' post='2178936']And what would you think of a builder who insisted that you paid in full a month before he started the job? I'd tell him where to put his spirit level and I'd find someone else.[/quote][quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376766560' post='2178940']Yep.[/quote][/size]
[size=4]Er... so would I. But comparing Barefaced with 'a builder' is apples and pears, surely.[/size]

[size=4]Edit: Actually more like comparing apples and a small votive bust of Joseph Stalin.[/size]

Edited by discreet

As you've got a problem with this I'd suggest you don't buy a Barefaced cab, then!
I can't be bothered to read back through the thread to see if you're anti- or not, but going by your sig you're in the GB camp.

So I'm guessing you're happy with GB cabs. Probably best to stick with them, then.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376767494' post='2178958']What a barefaced fanboi thing to say! My stance has nothing to do with barefaced, it would apply to everything I own now and in the future. :)[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]Heh, heh. It would apply to everything I own now and in the future too, [i]except [/i]for the BF cab I'm going to buy as soon as I've got the loot. [/size][size=4]I've wanted one ever since I borrowed Happy Jack's S12 for a few months and if paying up front for it is the only way it's going to happen, then so be it![/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376756233' post='2178777']
Why would anyone pay the final payment more than a month in advance though, I get that with custom gear that a deposit or part payments paid on proof of progress is expected but I wouldn't pay the last bit until the office rang me to say "your cab is ready, where do you want it posting to as I'm typing the postal address on the carton as we speak?".
[/quote]

Because I had an email saying "Your cab is almost finished, full payment is now due"

Followed by silence, then after I chased it, a rather brusque one saying they are short staffed after Alex injured himself on his bike.

Just the thousand pounds of my money!!!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1376767681' post='2178962']
[/size]
[size=4]Heh, heh. It would apply to everything I own now and in the future too, [i]except [/i]for the BF cab I'm going to buy as soon as I've got the loot. [/size][size=4]I've wanted one ever since I borrowed Happy Jack's S12 for a few months and if paying up front for it is the only way it's going to happen, then so be it![/size]
[/quote]

Theoretically then, if the BF operation went pop, there could be a lot of money owed. Why is this company working lile this? Im guessing it needs the money in order to pay for... something?

[quote name='davehux' timestamp='1376782550' post='2179177']
Because I had an email saying "Your cab is almost finished, full payment is now due"

Followed by silence, then after I chased it, a rather brusque one saying they are short staffed after Alex injured himself on his bike.

[/quote]

I had similar delays, frustrations and also the same feelings about having to pay up front.
I got the feeling at times that Alex's customer skills were similar to that of a stereotypical mad professor (no offense intended Alex).
Even worse, after it finally arrived, I didn't like the sound and wanted my Schroeder 410BMF back.
Then, after about 4 gigs, it started playing nice and I very much doubt I would go back to anything else.
If anybody doesn't like the asthetics, don't buy the bloody things.
Me, my back and my fingers are delighted at the 40/50 gigs we do per annum. As are my ears. Expensive, not to everybodies taste, but a great compromise in all areas that count.

I've had my Super 12 T about 2 years now. I love the sound it makes and the weight of it.

The top handle has started to fray over the last 6 months or so but I'm not unduly bothered. It ticks too many of the right boxes for me to worry about the handle although I can understand, with the cost of these cabs, why other punters might have reservations.

I actually like the look of these cabs, the metal grill and the much maligned coating, although I do think that Berg near the start of the thread looked totally awesome too.

I live 3 floors up in a small block of flats with no lift. When I get back from a gig at 1am and have to carry my gear up those stairs, the weight - and the wait, is worth it, believe me!

Edited by burno70

[quote name='davehux' timestamp='1376782550' post='2179177']

[/quote]
I would have paid for it too then presuming it was due within a week or less :)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1376802990' post='2179240']
Me, my back and my fingers are delighted at the 40/50 gigs we do per annum. As are my ears. Expensive, not to everybodies taste, but a great compromise in all areas that count.
[/quote]

The thread in a nutshell B)

[quote name='headofire' timestamp='1376851792' post='2179988']
This thread really only tells us we've all got too much time on our hands! I'm patiently waiting for mine. The email about cashflow made me nervous tho... I think its worth remembering that the company is essentially three bass players trying to make the best gear they can with constant improvement being made to their designs. I don't mind supporting that personally.
[/quote]

Hold up... Cashflow email...?