Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Cab Handle Problems

Clarky72

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1377169184' post='2184177']
Likewise, I didn't buy the cab to look pretty onstage. If I wanted something pretty onstage we'd get strippers on stage with us.

What I wanted an amazing sounding cab that didn't break my back carrying it, and that's exactly what I have.

That said, I don't see the cab as ugly by any stretch, it looks great. it's rough and ready, way more rock'n'roll that some super shiny sparkly piece of crap!
[/quote]

Word!

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1377204297' post='2184873']
Phew! Thanks to this thread I have now deleted my order for two BF cabs.
I feel soo relieved, and am very happy Alex was willing to delete that particular order, and send me two BF strippers instead.
Thanks, guys!

Wait! :o :o :o
[/quote]

LOL :D

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1377204297' post='2184873']
Phew! Thanks to this thread I have now deleted my order for two BF cabs.
I feel soo relieved, and am very happy Alex was willing to delete that particular order, and send me two BF strippers instead.
Thanks, guys!

Wait! :o :o :o
[/quote]

BA'rsed Strippers, surely?

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1377521621' post='2188400']
Am I the only one who prefers the look of a metal grill to a piece of cloth?
[/quote]

Depends what mood I'm in...actually no. Despite I love the silver grill of my Ampeg cab, on the BF's I actually prefer the metal grill.

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1377682239' post='2190185']
I think the metal grill looks great .I've had speaker cabs with cloth grills in the past ,they look ok until something falls against them in the van .
[/quote]

I have the cloth, but a RoqSolid cover with a front pocket which houses a protective piece of plywood. Best of both worlds :-)

I know you sometimes see very old cabs with a torn cloth 'grille' but, tbh, I've never known any of mine, nor anyone else's that I know to suffer from this in all the time I've been playing which has included many years of chucking stuff into vans and cars. The vinyl cover to the box gets hammered and torn but I've not known the front grille to suffer.

I suppose with a paint finish even tears to the box finish is not going to happen.

(Btw, having said all that, I've gone Roqsolid too!)

It's a long time since I read an 18-page thread. In general Barefaced owners defending their products and some non-owners not liking rating their handles/looks. We also got some quality trolling and a few jokes. That made much better reading than todays paper, thanks for the entertainment.
Looking forward to my Compact coming, it'll go nicely with the Midget. I'm usually onstage in an old t-shirt and jeans,and not much of a looker - the Barefaced cabs are positively bling bling next to me(nobody is looking anyway).

[quote name='Bloc Riff Nut' timestamp='1377690732' post='2190373']
I'm usually onstage in an old t-shirt and jeans,and not much of a looker - the Barefaced cabs are positively bling bling next to me(nobody is looking anyway).
[/quote]

You are Shane McGowan and I claim my £5.

Edited by EBS_freak