Why become a member? ×

How did you discover Basschat?

ped

Sup

I'd be interested to hear how you all found BC. I've made a simple poll to find out some typical responses - if you click 'Other' then please post and say how you found us.

Whilst it's interesting from a promotion type of perspective, it's also cool to hear how word spreads about our website so it will be good to hear some responses.

BC has never 'advertised' so it's quite cool to hear how you all arrived.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1371134353' post='2110277']
You could do with a "Wasn't recommended by anyone" option for question 3, as if you leave the question blank you get told you haven't finished the poll.
[/quote]

Knew I'd balls it up, thanks!

[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1371134445' post='2110280']
I was looking for a UK version of Talkbass and found Bassworld, back in the day. Far nicer atmosphere.
[/quote]

Thanks - that's why we started it, too!

I found BC at a gig my band did and the soundguy was a bassist. My modded jazz caught his eye so we had a good chat and he recommended your good selves.
He said it was much friendlier than talkbass as 'everyone on there are moody buggers aren't they?'
He was right. Mostly ;)

I was getting back into bass playing and fancied an all valve head. Was originally looking at Orange, and searching for reviews came up with Basschat. Through various members, especially Mr Foxen and Tayste2000 I ended up with a Matamp rig and have been here ever since :)[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]BTW question 3 was not [/size]relevant[size=4] to me, as I was not recommended, but skynet made me answer it anyway, so I answered 'other'[/size]

This is what it looked like when I joined...

[url="http://web.archive.org/web/20051230061401/http://www.bassworld.co.uk/pn/"]http://web.archive.org/web/20051230061401/http://www.bassworld.co.uk/pn/[/url]

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1371134935' post='2110304']
Don't forget to email Ou7shined about this poll :ph34r:
[/quote]

:D

I was doing a search to get amp/cab/combo advice. I was already a member of Talkbass & Uglybass but hardly visited them as they was both very Yankee & I wasn't much of a forumite.

There's something about BC though that makes me want to stay & actually be a member. :)

[size=4][size=5][size=4]I can't quite remember - I think I was browsing trying to date my old Squier, or trying to find info on something I'd seen advertised on Gumtree that I was curious about ,or something completey random and , booooom! [/size][/size][/size]

I too was on Bassworld but left for a few years. I remember Kiwi saying they'd moved to Basschat but forgot the name so had to google it. I had a feeling at the time I'd registered when it first started but I couldn't recall my under which username or password so had to join again.

I hope it's not a problem I clicked on [color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Recommendation from real life human[/size][/font][/color] but it was actually Kiwi so I'm not 100% convinced this was the best option ;)

Back in 2008 I decided to get back into playing after a break of longer than 10 years. I was looking for various bits & bobs of information & pretty much every time I did a google search I ended up back on Basschat.....After a while I just kept coming back & stalked the forum for the huge amounts of information here.

I dont think I ever left after that ;)