Why become a member? ×

Are Guitars sexier than Basses?

Roger2611

I am a Bass Player and I have a problem, I've tried the whole Guitarist / Keyboard thing and it is not me, I found myself needing some decent reading matter for the little boy's room and dug out my Gretsch catalogues and an old Gibson book....I find myself lusting after an old Les Paul, I so want an old 335 I need an early 60's SG Junior and I would marry a White Falcon if I could find someone the facilitate the act!

The thing is I don't lust after basses in the same way, yes an early 60's Jazz or Precision is a thing of beauty a Wal is a stunning looking bit of kit and there are many more fantastic looking basses out there but I just don't think they create the same desire that these iconic guitars bring out

Am I still a guitarist in denial or is there something more beautiful about a six string that makes the bass look like its cute but quirky looking cousin?

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1370026907' post='2095805']
Bigger - longer - harder - & go down deeper, no contest :) B) :P
[/quote]

Fingering... strap on... do it standing up... G-string... slapping... and so on and so forth.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1370027414' post='2095817']

[/quote]

Speaking as a girl, I can honestly say I found the bass and bassists sexier than guitars and guitarists.

There's something quite primal about the low notes and rhythm. Seems to me that guitars are all about short stretches of showing off performances as opposed to wanting to keep things smooth, understated and well performed over the whole performance :P

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1370027729' post='2095826']
Speaking as a girl, I can honestly say I found the bass and bassists sexier than guitars and guitarists.

There's something quite primal about the low notes and rhythm. Seems to me that guitars are all about short stretches of showing off performances as opposed to wanting to keep things smooth, understated and well performed over the whole performance :P
[/quote]

And of course, bassists have bigger penises. Well, the male ones anyway.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1370028373' post='2095839']
Double basses look cooler than all guitars and the chicks love it, "my that's a big one!" At my first gig just with the Stagg, the proper Gedo 3/4 should make for a guaranteed encounter with a hot curvy burlesque girl :D
[/quote]
A double bass is a hot curvy burlesque girl.