Why become a member? ×

Bass related tshirts....

LukeFRC

Hey! As some of you know I work as a graphic designer and tshirt designer... I'm going to be spending a wee while designing some music realted designs - including bass!
So.... I just wondered - what would bassists wear on their t-shirts?

[size=2]Disclaimer - the mods have said it's ok to ask this. I'm genuinely interested in what folk go for tshirt wise - I mean we are all different - some folk even play rickenbackers and other stuff I'ld never do! - But I've no interest in using basschat to try and sell any tshirts.... so I'm not going to say who I work for and where we sell. Prob best not to ask me either![/size]

Luke you can say where theyre available or put up odd pics, just dont overdo it ;-)

I previously said, I like designs that use the shoulders, sides and bottoms of t shirts rather than just something across the chest/stomach.

Id quite like a tshirt which is basically how a bass hangs on its strap. The bottom of the bass disappearing off the bottom. The neck off the side. The strap over the shoulder. You could even carry the strap over the back. Maybe incorporate your brand name into the strap actually too :-)

[quote name='johnDeereJack' timestamp='1368549330' post='2078398']
I have 'Fender' logo designs, a Trace Elliot t-shirt and more recently my girlfriend bought me one that says 'Dirty, Filthy, Nasty Bass' which I quite enjoy wearing!
[/quote]

You walk down a tight rope when you start using brand logos- it's an odd one - say I took a Fender logo... well that's not mine - the grey line is if, say, I took a photo of my Fender's headstock.... is that something new...?

Trace stuff is iconic mind :)

I realise I'm in the minority here, but I can't really wear clothing that proclaims my love of anything, or having a witty remark printed on it or whatever. It's like a tattoo for the day. I simply can't imagine walking about with a massive bass clef or "bass players go deeper, baby' " or some sh*t like that. I had a Motorhead t shirt once, it was cool because of that fabulous logo. I ended up chucking it after doing the decorating in it.

Disclaimer: I know I have a thread going on asking where I can get my own design printed on T shirts, but that's for a pub quiz team :D

Best of luck though, Luke!

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1368552491' post='2078485']
I realise I'm in the minority here, but I can't really wear clothing that proclaims my love of anything, or having a witty remark printed on it or whatever.[/quote]

I'm in that minority as well.

I'll wear 'branded' clothing if it relates to a workplace thing, but that's about it.

Having said that, I wouldn't wear it, but I do find this funny:

[quote name='johnDeereJack' timestamp='1368549330' post='2078398']
I have 'Fender' logo designs, ...more recently my girlfriend bought me one that says 'Dirty, Filthy, Nasty Bass' which I quite enjoy wearing!
[/quote]
Mine bought me one that says 'bass players do it deeper'

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1368556643' post='2078561']

I'll wear 'branded' clothing if it relates to a workplace thing, but that's about it.

[/quote]
I want one!!! just needs to be 4 blue stripes (I know it the Tesco has 7 on the products but hey :) )

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1368556643' post='2078561']

[/quote]
[font="Calibri"][size="3"][font="Calibri"][size="3"]Awesome. Can I send one to Bobby Dall?[/size][/font][/size][/font]

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1368562298' post='2078683']

Possibly, but I'm notoriously bad at knowing who bass players are so I have no idea who Bobby Dall is. :D
[/quote]
In an eighties hair metal band , if my memory is working. Possibly Poison ?

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1368552491' post='2078485']
I realise I'm in the minority here, but I can't really wear clothing that proclaims my love of anything, or having a witty remark printed on it or whatever. It's like a tattoo for the day. I simply can't imagine walking about with a massive bass clef or "bass players go deeper, baby' " or some sh*t like that. I had a Motorhead t shirt once, it was cool because of that fabulous logo. I ended up chucking it after doing the decorating in it.

Disclaimer: I know I have a thread going on asking where I can get my own design printed on T shirts, but that's for a pub quiz team :D

Best of luck though, Luke!
[/quote] :) I'm like that too- I like unbranded plain clothes! No interest in fashion - when I was at art college and it was all a bit like a fashion parade I normally wore a plain white tshirt and dark blue jeans in various stages of disintegration (mind you white tshirts reflect lots of light when welding back behind the mask - something I only realsied after 6 months of welding everyday. theres something about the job that is slightly ironic! The owner of hte business was a bit concerned that we didn't wear anything we were making so I made something based on a cool poster from the paris may '68 uprising looking for bicycle messengers.

[quote name='Bolo' timestamp='1368562843' post='2078695']
There's a section on ze german bassforum bassic.ch that has many designs: [url="http://bassic.spreadshirt.net"]http://bassic.spreadshirt.net[/url]
[/quote]cheers for that! Some of them are great.... some of them not! My faviourite is the one with the bird! :)