Why become a member? ×

Is this who I think it is?

Evil Undead

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1362909842' post='2005965']
I can't believe he's still going on about it. No one agrees, but he'll argue to the death that he's right.

If it were me I'd have got bored a long time ago.
[/quote]

I don't think he does it to prove or win his point - he does it to amuse himself. He must be a very lonely guy with a lot of time on his hands - sad, really.

G.

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1362913179' post='2006021']
I don't think he does it to prove or win his point - he does it to amuse himself. He must be a very lonely guy with a lot of time on his hands - sad, really.

G.
[/quote]

Maybe he needs to spend more time playing his bass?

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1362913942' post='2006041']
Maybe he needs to spend more time playing his bass?
[/quote]

To be fair , his chops are pretty sharp as a player .

I cannot help but have a mixture of sympathy and sneaking admiration for this guy . Sympathy because , as I said when he had a ruck on Basschat , I think a lot of his problems are caused by the fact that English is not his first language ( and being Swedish , humour is not neccesarilly his strongest personality trait either ) , and admiration because he seems to have a point he wants to make about upholding some kind of high artistic standard and he is determined to make it , no matter what . Why he wants to make it is a bit of a mystery to me , but I'm sure he has his reasons . If I was trying to make a complex point on a Swedish bass players forum in Swedish I could easily come across as a bit of a dickhead , but here on Basschat in my own language people seem to follow my every word as if I were some kind of a God . See my point ?

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1362919081' post='2006133']
Indeed! Yeh, c'mon, guys, make it easy for us not in the know.............
[/quote]
There are artists and there are entertainers. The latter are also knows as clowns. Art is good while entertainment is bad. It got abusive. That's roughly the gist of it and the threads all got locked.

All this backstabbing of someone who's not allowed access to defend himself makes me a bit uncomfortable. It's not like slagging off Jeff Berlin or Alain Caron.

Inti is a superb player who has a rare combination of technical skill and expressive nuanced playing. He has a very entrenched POV and you won't change his mind however the validity and considered logic or sense in your argument. Leave him alone or join TB and discuss it with him over there.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1362921618' post='2006165']
All this backstabbing of someone who's not allowed access to defend himself makes me a bit uncomfortable. It's not like slagging off Jeff Berlin or Alain Caron.

Inti is a superb player who has a rare combination of technical skill and expressive nuanced playing. He has a very entrenched POV and you won't change his mind however the validity and considered logic or sense in your argument. Leave him alone or join TB and discuss it with him over there.
[/quote]
Nige, while I have some real sympathy with the point you're making, Inti did pick the argument and then pursue it.

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1362922373' post='2006177']
Nige, while I have some real sympathy with the point you're making, Inti did pick the argument and then pursue it.
[/quote]
I concur.

He's got an attitude, not one I agree with, and I've discussed it with him publicly and privately. The thing is, when we have people like Jake Newman on here who has all the qualities, knowledge, ability and more that Inti possesses, but with immense humility and a heartfelt desire to teach and inform, there is no argument. We know Inti's POV is pretty much invalid. It's just the petty digs and chuckling when he's not allowed on here that I'm a bit uncomfortable with.