Why become a member? ×

Is this who I think it is?

Evil Undead

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1362922956' post='2006193']
... a bit uncomfortable...[/quote]

As my Cockernee Grandad (b. 1892) used to remark on such occasions as these: "A joke's a joke, but spitting in a blind man's hat's no joke."

No, I didn't understand it either.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1362923787' post='2006208']
As my Cockernee Grandad (b. 1892) used to remark on such occasions as these: "A joke's a joke, but spitting in a blind man's hat's no joke."

No, I didn't understand it either.
[/quote]

I'm probably just being hypocritical again, Skank.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1362925067' post='2006223']
I'm probably just being hypocritical again, Skank.
[/quote]

I don't think so. Whenever your synapses explode and you have a pop at someone it's always to their face and you always apologise afterwards.

Thing is, Inti was a very annoying man who enjoyed annoying people and he won't be forgotten in a hurry, which is presumably how he'd like it, so ever-ybod-y's happy, di-dah, di-dah di-dah.

In any event, there must be literally hundreds of thousands of people who've been slagged off on BC and didn't know and therefore could not respond. From Bieber to some bloke who took his time at the check-out in front of a fuming BC-er. Denigrating the unaware is much, much more than reprehensible behaviour - it's our national pastime and a way of life. :happy:

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1362925722' post='2006229']
Has he pissed Talkbass off too?[/quote]

Probably. Nice to think he started with us, though. Got his priorities right.

Seems like the TB thread is locked now, following his customary 'You can't argue with me because you're all mediocre' riff. You know, the one he ran out here more than once.

A lot of people say "Shame, because he was a great bass player". So what? Hitler was great at public speaking but you don't hear anyone justifying all his other stuff off the back of that.

Frankly, a lot of bad temper on this forum dated from his arrival and it spread like poison to the extent that the admins had to set up a new rule. The man's quite obviously a complete and utter trolling c**t on an international basis, he f***ed up the peace and quiet here just by posting his nasty little diatribes ([i]'opinions' , surely - Ed) [/i]and the best thing we can do is forget he ever existed.

[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

Two small observations; maybe I'm reflecting a stereotype but I always assumed the Swedish to be more chilled than he was/is. (Notice I said "the Swedish" to avoid a turnip analogy being used?).
There again the blonde one out of Abba ended up marrying her stalker IIRC, so maybe it's not that chill-ed a place, just chill-y

Also, the poster who's reply kicked it off on TB has 3 "memberships" of various "clubs" that TB-ers like to have; which I find so juvenile as to negate, or at least harm, many comments from the writers, possibly no matter how valid they are.
Or is there any strength of feeling for forming "clubs" on here for Basschatters who live in Greater London, or play Gus basses for eg?

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1362927087' post='2006260']
"memberships" of various "clubs" that TB-ers like to have...[/quote]

I think it's just something they do. Having read a few of those threads, it seems to be a way of keeping stuff on topic. It also has the benefit of channelling discussions of a minutely-detailed nature into safe zones where the uninvolved need not tread.

Plus, there's so many of the buggers on TB it's natural, I suppose, for sub-groups to form. Tant pis- whatever keeps them happy, though I've spotted an increasing number of septics joining BC recently...

We're brilliant, we are ([i]buffs collective forum fingernails on lapel and wanders off whistling Rule Brittannia[/i])

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1362926331' post='2006240']
Banned in the end. A shame really, I thought he was terrific fun and not at all a cock.
[/quote]
I did too, but some folks on here can overreact. Sometimes I think we could have much more interesting conversations on here if we could keep cool and not resort to personal attacks for the lack of anything intelligent to say.

I'm told he can play - I didn't get to see them as he deleted the link to his YouTube videos, then the videos themselves as soon as he realised that they were there to be criticised, so I can't be sure - obviously he put in many hours of practice - maybe he should have used some of those to develop some social skills, manners and respect for others instead...

Sorry Nige, I think he deserves everything he gets..

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1362927726' post='2006273']
I did too, but some folks on here can overreact. Sometimes I think we could have much more interesting conversations on here if we could keep cool and not resort to personal attacks for the lack of anything intelligent to say.
[/quote]

Oh I dunno - you used the term of abuse "bell-end" in a recent thread which I thought inspired.
Along with "gob-sh*te" (not you) I'd completely forgotten about such words.

There are plenty of excellent players on here and plenty of insightful individuals who can get their points across in a friendly and respectful way, so as entertaining as the occasional meltdown thread might be I'm quite glad he's not posting anymore.

Reminded me of Rslaing. Maybe they were twins.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1362927661' post='2006272']We're brilliant, we are ([i]buffs collective forum fingernails on lapel and wanders off whistling Rule Brittannia[/i])[/quote]

While suppin' char from a Clive Dunne, Corporal Jones "Don't Panic" metal tea mug I most sincerely hope!

Sometimes I think we could have much more interesting conversations on here if we could keep cool and not resort to personal attacks for the lack of anything intelligent to say.[/quote]

I take your point, because [i]you[/i] generally [i]have[/i] something intelligent to say. But leaving aside Inti/Antiloco/Atalante's playing skills, which, IMO are not germane to the issue, I felt that he was very much a second-class thinker.

The Art Vs Commerce thing has been done to death, so what did Inti bring to this hoary old chestnut? Just the constant riffing that no person could differ from his opinion were they not themselves an accomplished 'Artist' and - presumably - wedded to that viewpoint by predisposition and / or career choice. Utter tripe, when you think about it. You'd get better from an intelligent 8 year old.

I may not be accomplished enough a bassist to comment with insight on Inti's playing skills, but as a debater of propositions, he was either a cack-handed fraud with a grudge or out to troll. Whichever of these, he may not have been a clown whore, but he was definitely an attention whore, a subject upon which I may speak with certainty.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1362927930' post='2006276']
I'm told he can play - I didn't get to see them as he deleted the link to his YouTube videos, then the videos themselves as soon as he realised that they were there to be criticised, so I can't be sure - obviously he put in many hours of practice - maybe he should have used some of those to develop some social skills, manners and respect for others instead...

Sorry Nige, I think he deserves everything he gets..
[/quote]
He's has a fantastic player, but his attitude is pretty obnoxious, doesn't mean we have to respond like for like though. I can't say what he 'deserved', can you?

We could have had a great discussion with him since he was up for it and didn't disappear when he was challenged like some people do. But hey, some people got hot under the collar and spoiled it somewhat.

[/quote]

I fear my sarcasm might have got a bit lost there! I've got no time for people like that at all, he was an obvious troll with no idea what he was talking about and I won't miss him.

People basically never do personal attacks on this forum, it takes people like him to bring it out of everyone else, it's just inevitable and to expect people to engage in normal conversation like we would do with other forum members I think is naive.

Edited by risingson

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1362928900' post='2006296']
We could have had a great discussion with him since he was up for it. [/quote]

About [i]what[/i]? All he ever really posted was the same 'clown whore' thing over and over again and if he wasn't starting threads about it, he'd jump in and derail a thread in that direction. Off he goes to TB - exactly the same thing. A one-note solo that earns him a kick in the bollocks and a suspension that - coincidentally - serves to stoke his paranoid amour-propre.

Just because someone is (apparently) passionate and embraces a lonely POV does not necessarily mean they're adding to the sum of human knowledge, nor does it mean they are graced with integrity. As a thinker, he was limited, intransigent, deaf, clueless, pedestrian and utterly bereft of empathy.

Don't mistake this guy for a martyr - he's a self-obsessed intellectual pygmy with nothing to offer the seeker of truth. He is a Judas. He is a liar. He's watching this debate now and he's got one hand inside his trousers.
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar