Why become a member? ×

Prettiest bass

gub

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1357735858' post='1927418']
Possibly a bit biased because it's mine but:

I think that Rumours are the most aesthetically pleasing basses on the market at the moment - look at the GB thread and you'll see some made from even more desirable pieces of timber..

Having said that there are a couple of REALLY nice Alembic Orions available here at the moment..
[/quote]

now that is very,very nice..........love it

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1357734061' post='1927367']
I'm quite fond of this :P My other favourite bass isn't really what I would call "pretty" it's more "cool"

[/quote]

Wow! You weren't kidding when you said you like 'pointy' basses, were you? :) I'd have someone's eye out if I owned one of those.

My own favourite would have to be [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/193647-basschat-competiton-bass-a-13-guitar-co-project/page__st__20"]this one[/url] in the making... but take that with a huge dollop of personal bias ;)

[b]Warwick Streamer Stage 1 [/b]... no contest.

Particularly the early models with the cherry body, wenge neck, and one-piece bridge. That said the 30th anniversary edition with the black hardware is pretty sexy (same woods, mind you)

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1357747730' post='1927749']
Ha ha ha...like your sense of humour :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Thanks. Don't know what you mean though. :)
Just for clarity: I really dig the designs of both the Steinberger and the Bongo, and have lusted for them since they were first released, but I'm not praying on my knees before them, so often refer to them as cricket bat and bog seat. That post of mine went wrong due to unexpected stuff happening here.

But it's nice to know that something I wrote brought a smile on your face! :)

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1357748616' post='1927774']
I have a real thing for these old Ibanez Roadstars. Still never bought one though,.....

[/quote]

Ooh that is nice, saw a guy playing one on a Stevie Wonder play along on youtube but didn't know what it was as I couldn't see the headstock.

As for the Ritter, I don't like the overall shape much but I like the way he's tucked the output jack on the back of the body and hidden the height adjustment screws behind too.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1357774749' post='1928405']
Thanks. Don't know what you mean though. :)
Just for clarity: I really dig the designs of both the Steinberger and the Bongo, and have lusted for them since they were first released, but I'm not praying on my knees before them, so often refer to them as cricket bat and bog seat. That post of mine went wrong due to unexpected stuff happening here.

But it's nice to know that something I wrote brought a smile on your face! :)

best,
bert
[/quote]

TBH I was being sarcastic - wouldn't consider either of those two basses to be particularly pretty...

I reckon my old Gretsch G6072 must be up there.

Here's the same bass in a slightly different setting courtesy of Lysdexia.

Which of the two pictures do you prefer? Now think carefully!

Edited by Hutton