Why become a member? ×

November Composition Competition - Voting Time!

charic

Well you are a talented lot aren't you? :) puts me to shame. Just finished listening to them all an they're all very good. Not a duff track amongst them. Lots of great technique on display but there was one that stood out for me as being a case of just good song writing with plenty of soul and that's what got my vote.

Might try me hand at this in the new year - if I'm plating bass at all By then (got a hospital op that'll be deciding that in few weeks time). I'll make it my new year resolution to have a go if alls well!

Best,

Rog

Just listened to them all start to finish, some of them a couple of times. They are all great. Got it down to two. Don't know whether to choose the one i like the most or the one that i think compositionally is the best, i.e use and development of themes, harmony and counterpoint etc, as it's a composition competition. My Maud has just ordered me to the shop for chocolate so i'm gonna have a good think and then vote later.

As everyone has said it's been great to be part of, all in good spirit. Long may it continue!

Like Rockford Stone, I found myself with a very long shortlist. Finally I boiled it down to steve's entry, largely due to the elastically excellent bassline.
I saw 13 Guitars at the Merseyside Guitar Show this afternoon, and his basses are very nice indeed - the winner of this month's competition will be very pleased.

[quote name='Mr H' timestamp='1353875404' post='1879295']
Like Rockford Stone, I found myself with a very long shortlist. Finally I boiled it down to steve's entry, largely due to the elastically excellent bassline.
I saw 13 Guitars at the Merseyside Guitar Show this afternoon, and his basses are very nice indeed - the winner of this month's competition will be very pleased.
[/quote]

Thank you Mr H, very kind of you to say so :)

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1353853188' post='1878951']has this thread been highlighted anywhere else on the forum, try and suck some of the others in to vote even if they didnt take part?[/quote]

^ Good idea, Rob. I've just set up a thread in General Discussion encouraging folks to vote (maybe Charic or one of the other mods can pin that sucka for the duration of the voting period?). I've also posted a message on the BC SoundCloud group which might drum up some more interest. If you haven't already, make sure you join that group and share your track on it - details here:

http://soundcloud.com/groups/basschat

[i](click on the link marked 'share to group' - displayed above each track - to share any of your music with this group)[/i]

I think we've already had more votes than any other previous month, which is great. Hopefully plenty more to come...

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1353971415' post='1880477']
[b]Awesome collection of entries , just incredible[/b] , and am totally confused how to vote , so I will have to start a score card system , which means I will have to listen all over again .......and again.......and again :biggrin:
[/quote]
Isn't it just! A new Basschat album every month too :D

[quote name='steve' timestamp='1353974664' post='1880512']...what happens if there's another tie? :o[/quote]

Gentlemanly conduct expects one of the two to desist in favour of his rival, who accepts with grace. This is BC, after all, chaps (and lassies...)...

Just sent out another plug for votes on [url="https://twitter.com/Skol303"]Twitter[/url] as well as on SoundCloud. As Nige has said elsewhere, we already have more votes than both previous months combined - and it's only Tuesday! Great stuff. Keep 'em coming folks. It'd be great to break the 100 mark this month.

PS: I feel it'd be rude not say a [i]massive[/i] thanks to those of you who've voted for me thus far. I know it's early days but I'm genuinely gobsmacked. Huge boost to my confidence whatever the outcome. If I knew where you lived, I'd come round and give you a sloppy kiss! Or do the washing up. Your choice ;)