Why become a member? ×

November Composition Competition - Voting Time!

charic

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1354051337' post='1881489']
Site just completely crashed on me for 10 mins, but ok now?

I reckon because of the like button which i have just clocked posts this on facebook, twitter posts, souncloud plugs e.t.c., people who are friends of people on here will just join site and vote for their mates. Thats why there arent many listens to some tracks, also i am guilty of if i listen a track and it doesnt connect with me in first couple of mins i move on.

Which is fair enough i dont mean that in a negative way, but probably answers Silddx question earlier.
[/quote]

Oh, er, right :rolleyes:

Edited by silddx

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1354051694' post='1881494']
You are right, especially bass players! :)
[/quote]

No im not suggesting anything as i said i dont mean it in a negative way, i am just stating fact. People should vote for whatever they want and if more people join the site because of the comp that can only be a good thing, I dont have a problem with it its just life :)

[quote name='krysh' timestamp='1354051904' post='1881500']
I suggest people should vote for what they really like. this would be a fair vote, wouldn't it?[/quote]

Yes it would be, but if people are joining the site purely to vote for their mates without listening to all the tracks, then it's not necessarily a fair vote, is it? I'm not bothered, btw - it's just a bit of fun really, isn't it? :D

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1354052102' post='1881504']
No im not suggesting anything as i said i dont mean it in a negative way, i am just stating fact. People should vote for whatever they want and if more people join the site because of the comp that can only be a good thing, I dont have a problem with it its just life :)
[/quote]

Lol, it's like The Moral Maze, this innit !

I'm not sure but I think SoundCloud only clocks a 'listen' once you've played a certain portion of the track...so if you skip thru it might not add it to the total number of plays. But I could be wrong. Still not a reason for why people wouldn't listen to a track in its entirety, but I guess there's no way to regulate that sort of thing. Although it is a shame.

Anyway, what the heck has happened to the poll?? Shall we just call it a draw and say everyone wins :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1354052576' post='1881517']
Yes it would be, but if people are joining the site purely to vote for their mates without listening to all the tracks, then it's not necessarily a fair vote, is it? I'm not bothered, btw - it's just a bit of fun really, isn't it? :D
[/quote]
sure I don't need no more stinkin' basses either. :lol:

but - since there is a price, my suggestion is to make a fair competition. not another voting as in the casting shows...and the winner has the most friends....

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1354053278' post='1881545']
Ee-urgh! Ee-urgh! Ee-urgh! Guys 'n' gals, guys 'n' gals!

*rattles jewellery, lights cigar, visits local scout troop*
[/quote]

Is that how you spell Ee-urgh! Ee-urgh! Ee-urgh! ? I never knew :)

By the way, that avatar's beginning to give me the creeps :)

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1354053228' post='1881544']
steve, I am praying that's not the case.

I sort of wish I'd not said anything now :(
[/quote]

I'm sure it's not the case mate, and for what it's worth, I agree with everything you said - it needed saying, altho' I don't know how we'd address the situation. It's a symptom of the age I guess

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1354053228' post='1881544']
steve, I am praying that's not the case.

I sort of wish I'd not said anything now :(
[/quote]

No it cant be it will be a site issue, i build web sites and according to the error message earlier it was a server thing, it will sort itself in a bit.

[quote name='steve' timestamp='1354053666' post='1881550']
I'm sure it's not the case mate, and for what it's worth, I agree with everything you said - it needed saying, altho' I don't know how we'd address the situation. It's a symptom of the age I guess
[/quote]
Thanks mate.

I guess it is, and I for one don't want to hear anymore bootless bitching about the X Factor on Basschat anymore :D :lol:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1354053756' post='1881559']
Why? It's just an 8-bit representation of Jimmy Savile's skull. What could possibly be creepy about that?
[/quote]

Oh, right. Obviously nothing...um...sort of. :lol: :yarr: :unsure: :( :) :rolleyes: :D :o :huh: :ph34r:

EDIT: it's 10

Edited by Marvin

Good evening, all...

I sincerely hope that this can stay as 'cool' as it started. I'm not sure how SoundCloud counts, but to me, the only count that 'counts' is the vote. I listened to all the tracks (same as last month...); one or two I didn't finish, or skipped parts, as I had heard enough to have my opinion. Some others I listened to 2, or even 3 times, so as to weigh up my thoughts, and appreciate such and such a passage or detail. No idea what that does to the 'listen' counter.
As for a prize: to me, there's no bigger prestige than even posting such works of art, whether any votes are collected or not. The winner (of whatever month...) has the extra kudos, far above any recompense (I'm not even sure what the offered prize is, this month...). All are worthy, however the votes are formulated and counted.
Bravo to all; let's keep this chilled, with no rancour, please. (he said, warmly...)