Why become a member? ×

November Composition Competition - Voting Time!

charic

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1354035000' post='1881224']Or do the washing up. Your choice [/quote]
[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1354039111' post='1881299']I've chosen. Next Thursday OK for you..? :mellow:[/quote]

Sure thing... I've been called a scrubber in the past, might as well live up to the reputation! :)

[quote name='Elvis Valentine' timestamp='1354039593' post='1881305']Hey folks, can someone do me a favour and check if the link to my tune goes to the vocal mix or not.[/quote]
I'm just about to leave work but I'll check when I get in and let you know mate, unless someone beats me to it...

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1354036471' post='1881256']
Aww, Steve! It's the beard, isn't it? My missus has been wanting me to get rid of it for ages... ok, I'll just grab my Marigolds and be right over... :D
[/quote]

nope, love beards, just got a lot of washing up :P :P :P

[quote name='Elvis Valentine' timestamp='1354039593' post='1881305']
Hey folks, can someone do me a favour and check if the link to my tune goes to the vocal mix or not. The address is right but when i click on it it takes me to the instrumental which is really annoying as its the vocal mix that is the entry.
Thanks in advance my lovelies.
I've still not cast my vote. Its toooo hard.
[/quote]

it doesn't appear to m8

Edited by steve

[quote name='Elvis Valentine' timestamp='1354039593' post='1881305']...check if the link to my tune goes to the vocal mix or not...[/quote]

Good evening, Elvis...

Seems like a slip-up there, son. The main track is without vox, although there is a smaller sub-link to the vox mix version lower right (which I hadn't noticed or listened to before...). Claim your money back..?

Nice track, but better still with vox, I agree. A bit of a shame, there.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1354039963' post='1881316']
Sure thing... I've been called a scrubber in the past, might as well live up to the reputation! :)
[/quote]

Great, I'll get some 'friends' in, and we can seal your reputation once and for all. The dishes will still be waiting for you when we're all done. :mellow:
(Will you bring your own 'gimp' suit, or will our's do..?)

[quote name='Elvis Valentine' timestamp='1354043251' post='1881375']
Thanks guys, yeah i cant quite work it out. The link address is the vox mix but not the link itself. Oh well. :scratch_one-s_head: lol
[/quote]

Ask charic to repost the link, I just checked and this one seems to work http://soundcloud.com/elvis-valentine/ghosts-vox-mix

[quote name='steve' timestamp='1354039990' post='1881317']nope, love beards, just got a lot of washing up :P :P :P[/quote]
You should see mine mate...it's currently a stack of dishes that puts the North Face of the Eiger to shame! I'd best get started on it...

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1354040939' post='1881336']
Great, I'll get some 'friends' in, and we can seal your reputation once and for all. The dishes will still be waiting for you when we're all done. :mellow:[/quote]
To quote from Withnail & I: " Don't attempt anything without gloves!" ;-)

Oh god, I am going to get judged, labelled and killed for this, this could be the end of any reputation I may have on Basschat :lol:

Am I wrong for pointing this out? ..

There have been 78 votes. That indicates to me that there have been 78 people who should have heard ALL of the entries before voting.

Some which have been available to hear for a while obviously have stats indicating listens before voting started, some have very many and some have very few. Some clearly were uploaded close to the voting start date and obviously don't have many.

HOWEVER, there is RockfordStone's which has a total number of listens which is less than 78, AND he has no votes, this would indicate that not all voters are listening to all the tracks before voting. Another thing that springs to mind is that MAYBE some voters are only listening to tracks with some votes and not listening to tracks with very few or no votes, perhaps thinking that they may not be worth hearing. Also, not many of the tracks have more than 78 listens this week and voting started at near midnight on Saturday.

I THINK this appears to be a bit odd, BUT have I missed something critical?

Sorry if this sounds like I'm being very negative, but I already know at least one person has been skipping through each track if they aren't initially grabbed by the music, and if I found out people were voting without hearing all the tracks, I'd be very severely disappointed in them. And I already am on behalf of RockfordStone whose track was uploaded 8 days ago!

Anyway, whatever, best of luck to everyone who entered, and massive big up for making so much effort, I hope the voters make that same effort to listen properly.

Edited by silddx

Site just completely crashed on me for 10 mins, but ok now?

I reckon because of the like button which i have just clocked posts this on facebook, twitter posts, souncloud plugs e.t.c., people who are friends of people on here will just join site and vote for their mates. Thats why there arent many listens to some tracks, also i am guilty of if i listen a track and it doesnt connect with me in first couple of mins i move on.

Which is fair enough i dont mean that in a negative way, but probably answers Silddx question earlier.

Edited by Stephen Houghton

I think it may be unreasonable to ask yer average punter to listen to fifteen tracks in their entirety and decide which is the best one. I'm willing to bet that not even all the entrants will have listened forensically to every track!

Music is not the be all and end all for everyone, not even on a musician's forum. And especially not a bass players' forum. :D ;)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1354051422' post='1881490']
I think it may be unreasonable to ask yer average punter to listen to fifteen tracks in their entirety and decide which is the best one. I'm willing to bet that not even all the entrants will have listened forensically to every track!

Music is not the be all and end all for everyone, not even on a musician's forum. And especially not a bass players' forum. :D ;)
[/quote]

You are right, especially bass players! :)

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1354051337' post='1881489']
...I reckon because of the like button which i have just clocked posts this on facebook, twitter posts, souncloud plugs e.t.c., people who are friends of people on here will just join site and vote for their mates...[/quote]

Are you suggesting we should restrict voting to basschatters with a minimum number of posts - for example? :)

They barely even practice, preferring to spend their time on interweb forums discussing pick guards and strings. I doubt they even play the damned things :)

EDIT: I'm talking about bass players btw. I'm not one anymore...I'm on the fiddle. No I'm not I made that up. :)

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1354051772' post='1881496']
Are you suggesting we should restrict voting to basschatters with a minimum number of posts - for example? :)
[/quote]
I suggest people should vote for what they really like. this would be a fair vote, wouldn't it?