Why become a member? ×

Pino on the one show

gub

[quote name='witterth' timestamp='1347089189' post='1796785']
The Fretless MM stingray is what he was known for at the time, and he used to "slap it up" a bit too! wouldn't touch a Precision back then. How times change.
[/quote]

+1

'79 Fretless SR plus Boss OC-2 plus an obliging sound engineer on Paul Young's No Parlez album were the 3 ducks which lined up to bring Pino charging into to our lives in the first place.

For many of us, it's more of a case of "This is all too confusing - what's Pino doing with a fretted precision?".

CB

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1347094459' post='1796846']
Wasn't it great - and oh so surprising to see that the the raison d'etre of the feature was about how Pino and the bassline MADE the song. How strange to see people 'get it' on a mainstream telly programme.

CB
[/quote]It'd be interesting to see how many non muso types could name songs with a bass feature in it. Hat certainly, maybe Alright Now, My Generation and Level42 song of your choosing, but outside of those the bass is probably not noticed, I'd love to be really wrong about that and not giving Joe and Joanne Public enough credit.

[quote name='BarnacleBob' timestamp='1347101285' post='1796928']
07/09 show @22.00 min in
[/quote]

Perfect, ta! Didn't have to watch the whole embarrassing fiasco, could just enjoy pino!

He comes across as a really genuine and good bloke!

The one show gets something right!!

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1347098614' post='1796893']
It'd be interesting to see how many non muso types could name songs with a bass feature in it. Hat certainly, maybe Alright Now, My Generation and Level42 song of your choosing, but outside of those the bass is probably not noticed, I'd love to be really wrong about that and not giving Joe and Joanne Public enough credit.
[/quote]
Your average non-muso doesnt know what bass is, let alone being able to name a featured bass ... and there's no earthly reason why they should know. Similarly there's many things I couldn't do - I couldn't name or recognise most of the people I hear referred to as celebrities.

EDIT: Actually, I don't even recognise many of the bassists or bands referred to on Basschat.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1347111169' post='1797062']
Pity I can't see this around here in Belgium :-(
[/quote]
Can't you access the bbc iplayer? [url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mhlkq/The_One_Show_07_09_2012/"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mhlkq/The_One_Show_07_09_2012/[/url]

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1347101491' post='1796931']
tempting, but then i'd have to watch 'the one show'
[/quote]

Now I don't mind tuning in to the one show if only for a few minutes. It's good to get a daily fix of Alex Jones (top bit of totty) and Carrie Grant is a very foxy cougar. Mr. Grant's a lucky guy cuddling up to her every night :gas: