Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

South East Bass Bash No.6, Surrey, Saturday 29th September 2012

Hamster

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1346087228' post='1785100']
I'm sort of thinking of moving this one on. It's really not my thing anymore unfortunately. Haven't thought about a price yet, so this makes it a kind of 'feeler' post I guess. If I was more sure about selling it I'd have a price in mind and this would be in the classifieds. (Hope I'm not breaking forum rules here).

I can bring it to the SE bass bash if anyone's interested.

Eclipse Ltd, 5 string. Usual status electronics, vol, blend, bass, treble, bright switch.

[/quote]

Re the refreshments for this year.

Last year I laid on sandwiches and soft drinks which weren't great sellers, so this year I will stick with the tried and tested formula of tea, filter coffee and scrummy pastries.

The local Tesco is only 5 mins by car if you need something more substantial.

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1348702440' post='1817265']
Re the refreshments for this year.

Last year I laid on sandwiches and soft drinks which weren't great sellers, so this year I will stick with the tried and tested formula of tea, filter coffee and scrummy pastries.

The local Tesco is only 5 mins by car if you need something more substantial.
[/quote]

There's got to be facilities for a pub lunch close by? All of us going at once might cause some issues though :)

[quote name='Si600' timestamp='1348742621' post='1817550']

There's got to be facilities for a pub lunch close by? All of us going at once might cause some issues though :)
[/quote]

There's a pub about 5 mins walk away, don't know if they do food and a bit of a dive from what I've heard! My local does decent pub lunches but its a fair walk away or a short drive.

Edited by barneyg42

Really looking forward to this – but re my 'workshop' please keep your expectations as low as possible and won't be disappointed :)

Only kidding - but it is just gonna be me chatting a bit and pushing a few buttons - might be cool if someone wants to sit in too so I can loop them etc - anyway should be fun - really want to jam a bit too this year - and get my GAS on...

See y'all Saturday

Mike

[quote name='Si600' timestamp='1348742621' post='1817550']
[/quote]

Someone has to stay behind to mind the gear! :D

I still feel like death warmed up, BTW, but live in hope of a recovery by Saturday

Does anyone have a Jazz or Precision (or both!) that they're bored of and fancy sending to a new home? Think I need some more normal basses for demoing Barefaced cabs on t'interweb, don't need anything new/shiny and quite happy to have a Squier or suchlike. As long as it sounds good unplugged I'll be happy, electronics can be changed. And I'm ok with stupidly high actions and fat necks. Anyway, if you do, bring it along! I'll be interested to hear what everyone makes of the wee prototype I'm bringing along...

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1348750470' post='1817703']
Does anyone have a Jazz or Precision (or both!) that they're bored of and fancy sending to a new home? Think I need some more normal basses for demoing Barefaced cabs on t'interweb, don't need anything new/shiny and quite happy to have a Squier or suchlike. As long as it sounds good unplugged I'll be happy, electronics can be changed. And I'm ok with stupidly high actions and fat necks. Anyway, if you do, bring it along! I'll be interested to hear what everyone makes of the wee prototype I'm bringing along...
[/quote]

Well I have a Musicman Stingray SUB USA 4 String which I guess you can call a "Normal" bass if you fancy it? It's pretty cheap for what it is!

[/quote]

Ooooh is that the weee prototype I think it is???

I'll be interested to hear what everyone makes of the wee prototype I'm bringing along...
[/quote]

Right, Im officially narked Im not able to make it this year! :(

Alex, is this something along the lines of a super midget? I wanted to ask how the Neo issue is coming along and if you had any progress on a replacement - never mind, I'll catch you some other time.

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1348743544' post='1817564']
Only kidding - but it is just gonna be me chatting a bit and pushing a few buttons - might be cool if someone wants to sit in too so I can loop them etc - anyway should be fun - really want to jam a bit too this year - and get my GAS on...
[/quote]Perhaps you could do a chain loop :o
[/quote] Well I have my Tanglewater Classic J I'm looking to move on towards funds a Midget, so......
[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1348754597' post='1817771']
Such a shame I can't make it this year :(
[/quote] it won't be the same without you young man

Hi Folks,

A quick update:

1. Confirmed times for [b]W[/b][b]orkshops[/b] are:

12.00: FX's workshop - Sibob
13.00: Recording/Studio related stuff and Compressors - 51m0n
14.00: Ableton; composing, jamming and performing - Urb

For those of us interested in the [b]'A/B ing amps, cabs & basses[/b] etc', I suggest we discuss it when the relevant interested folks have arrived.. Might be good to have Mr Claber in on that?? And also, we might need to hold it in the large hall as opposed to the Theatre, which is where the Workshops will most probably be taking place...

2.[b] Raffle[/b]
Colin - how does 15.30-16.00 sound to you for the Raffle??

3. A question about a [b]'For Sale[/b]' section: previously, we've had that in the 'Quiet Room/Foyer' area - is everyone cool with that arrangement again?

So...in [b]summary[/b] we should have the following taking place...:

Quiet Room (with For Sale section)
Theatre (with 3 x Workshops taking place)
Large Hall for other stuff, such as A/B-ing amps etc, etc
Jam Room (with the amazing Paul on drums)
Refreshments courtesy of Mr & Mrs Hamster in the Foyer
and a Raffle

Look forward to seeing you all there on the day! :)

Nik