Why become a member? ×

I'm in a competition on YouTube and I need your help!

nicklathambass

[left][b]BUT[/b] before everyone wants to stab me for spamming, please hear me out![/left]
[left]Mythste enjoyed my video and said I should post here. He sent me! :D[/left]

[left]So about the contest:[/left]
[left]It's run by Sandberg Guitars. They're giving away a one-of-a-kind bass - the first prototype of the MarloweDK signature bass. It sounds astonishingly nice. I need it in my life. Ahaha. :D[/left]
[left]The criteria was/is as follows: 2-3 minutes of original music, played live. I submitted a shortened version of my song 'Hammerhead' from my upcoming EP![/left]

[left][b][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCRy3z42p7U"][Click here to go watch it!][/url][/b][/left]

[left]I'm in 2nd place at the moment, which of course is marvelous, but I really want to win! :][/left]
[left]If you like my video/song and you want to vote for me, all you need to do is click the thumbs up button on the YouTube page. I really really appreciate it.[/left]

[left]OH! One final thing. I had this planned before the contest.. but I figured it'd probably be a good idea to say this now. If I win the contest, I'm going to release my EP for free (digitally) when it's finished. I was going to release it afterwards as a surprise thankyou! But yeah, maybe it's a good idea to say now. As an incentive to vote for me or whatever. :D[/left]
[left]
I hope you don't hate me for posting this. I just want to win so badly!
And Mythste told me to post here. :D[/left]

[left]Thanks for your time, have a good'un. Whatever you're doing and whether you vote for me or not. :][/left]
[left]-Nick[/left]

Hi Nick, just given you a thumbs up! It's a great piece and you've obviously put a lot of work into it. Good luck with the competition!

I was thinking about entering, but I don't have any way to record it, nor enough talent! :D

[quote name='nicklathambass' timestamp='1333743600' post='1606092']
[left][b]BUT[/b] before everyone wants to stab me for spamming, please hear me out![/left]
[left]Mythste enjoyed my video and said I should post here. He sent me! :D[/left]

[left]So about the contest:[/left]
[left]It's run by Sandberg Guitars. They're giving away a one-of-a-kind bass - the first prototype of the MarloweDK signature bass. It sounds astonishingly nice. I need it in my life. Ahaha. :D[/left]
[left]The criteria was/is as follows: 2-3 minutes of original music, played live. I submitted a shortened version of my song 'Hammerhead' from my upcoming EP![/left]

[left][b][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCRy3z42p7U"][Click here to go watch it!][/url][/b][/left]

[left]I'm in 2nd place at the moment, which of course is marvelous, but I really want to win! :][/left]
[left]If you like my video/song and you want to vote for me, all you need to do is click the thumbs up button on the YouTube page. I really really appreciate it.[/left]

[left]OH! One final thing. I had this planned before the contest.. but I figured it'd probably be a good idea to say this now. If I win the contest, I'm going to release my EP for free (digitally) when it's finished. I was going to release it afterwards as a surprise thankyou! But yeah, maybe it's a good idea to say now. As an incentive to vote for me or whatever. :D[/left]
[left]
I hope you don't hate me for posting this. I just want to win so badly!
And Mythste told me to post here. :D[/left]

[left]Thanks for your time, have a good'un. Whatever you're doing and whether you vote for me or not. :][/left]
[left]-Nick[/left]
[/quote]
We DON'T hate you Nick , thumbs comi'n :D

I genuinely enjoyed your composition and gave it the thumbs up. That Sandberg isn't going to sound as good as your Yammie though ;)

Posted it to my Facebook page too

Edited by bassman2790

Thanks so much everybody!! Something crazy happened last night. A friend of mine shared the video with a friend of his, who just turned out to be MASSIVE on YouTube. She shared the video and so many people have given me support and voted for me! That's what all the #KateArmy stuff is about.

I can't freakin' believe it! I feel like the luckiest guy ever!!
I had nothing to do with getting her to share it so I hope I'm not accused of cheating or anything!

This is just insane!! :D
Thanks again for all of your kind words in here and voting for me, every single one matters to me so much!
Almost every sentence in this post has an exclamation mark at the end of it. I'm going to calm down.
Some day.
But right now?
HOLY CRAP.

Ps. Thanks. <3

[quote name='BassPimp66' timestamp='1333815845' post='1606934']
...and a few thumbs to some of the other contestants who were really awful...
[/quote]

Now now, it's not about winning, it's about taking part...

...oh wait, no, it [i]is[/i] about winning. Silly me. :crazy: