Why become a member? ×

Which BC Member's Bands do you want to see, and have seen?

xilddx

I've seen Pete Academy in Nearly Dan a couple of times at the Jazz Café - always excellent. Seen Low End Bee's and Happy Jack's bands, both great fun! Saw Dave Marks in Acton a few weeks ago too. I've even been on the same bill with a couple of BC members, AliceBand was one, they were brilliant and supported Kit for our EP launch.

I need to get out and see urb's outfit, Dick Venom and the Terrortones with Big Red X, Cetera in Dressed to Kill, Clarky in All the Queen's Ravens, and others. There're some real quality acts on Basschat.

Who do you want to see, or have seen?

I really don't get to enough music gigs either. I know so many actors and comedians, I spend half my life going round watching them in various things! (Not famous ones, I hasten to add, in case you think I am rubbing shoulders with the stars!)

Anyway, amongst the many bands I would like to see are Yorrick's Paul Rodgers tribute band. That could happen, as he is local to me.
Also, if I carry on playing with Dik Guru, you never know I may end up on the same bill as Tauzero one day. It seems they have played at the same gig before! :)

Also, I would rather like to see Dr Dave's lot. Sounds as if they might be out of the same mould as Dik Guru and should be a bit of a laugh. As long as it doesn't get me into a feminist frenzy! :o

I've seen my favourite covers band who happen to be Happy Jack's band. I need to see the with their new guitarist though ;)
I saw Clarky in Rattlin' Bone. Very entertaining. Obviously they will be rubbish now though.
I've shared gigs with Blackmn90's Nine Miles South who are very good and annoyingly young. Our last gig was shared with Clauster's Run Leia Run who are a great live act.
I need to see Clarky's new mob and seeSilddx with Kit very soon.
I also need to figure out how to share a gig with or at least see Big Red X's Terrortones.

Nigel. That was the Jetsonics second gig we have only one song left from then so you must see us again soon to let us know how we compare...

I'd quite like to see:

Dressed to kill
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Dick Venom and the Terrortones[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Also I forget whose members band it is (might be barneyg42 from memory) and I think the band is called taking back tuesday? I have the cd in my car from a bash and it's really good :D[/font][/color]

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1332851093' post='1593902']
I've seen Pete Academy in Nearly Dan a couple of times at the Jazz Café - always excellent. Seen Low End Bee's and Happy Jack's bands, both great fun! Saw Dave Marks in Acton a few weeks ago too. I've even been on the same bill with a couple of BC members, AliceBand was one, they were brilliant and supported Kit for our EP launch.

I need to get out and see urb's outfit, Dick Venom and the Terrortones with Big Red X, Cetera in Dressed to Kill, Clarky in All the Queen's Ravens, and others. There're some real quality acts on Basschat.

Who do you want to see, or have seen?
[/quote]

You've also seen one of my bands ;)

I've seen The Jetsonics and hope to see them again soon

Edited by TransistorBassMan

[quote name='TransistorBassMan' timestamp='1332853332' post='1593951']
[b]You've also seen one of my bands [/b] ;)

I've seen The Jetsonics and hope to see them again soon
[/quote]

Of course! Sorry, and guess what, I was thinking about that gig earlier today which inspired this thread. I'm obviously partly brain dead :D I even wrote a review of that gig I seem to remember. Top night that was mate, thanks!

MB1. B)
Have seen Bobby Ks " The Smiths Indeed!" ...Highly Recomended! (providing you like The Smiths that is!)
Also seen Jimmy Simms playing for" Judie Tzuke" ...Awesome!
And Witterths band "Outer Limits" twice...Most Entertaining!

Edited by MB1

I've seen:
One of Born 2 Be Mild's old bands (Street Legal) about 3-4 times, as well as him and his mates at a local jam night.
Andy's band (The Cardinals) - can't remember his username on here!
JohnnyLad play at a charity all dayer with a female guitarist-singer's band.
DaveEric play with the Erics and various others.

...and probably more

I've seen RolandRock play in Rebel Rebel, a David Bowie tribute, they're ace. Or they were, he's not in them anymore... oh, but yeah, they're still ace, our drummer still plays for them!

Joking aside, they're very good. "David" is much fun. RR is a top player.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1332851876' post='1593917']
Also, if I carry on playing with Dik Guru, you never know I may end up on the same bill as Tauzero one day. It seems they have played at the same gig before! :)
[/quote]

I was going to say that I'd like to see you playing with Dik sometime.

Oh dear. Bucket of cold water for discreet please.

There's a few BCers bands I'd like to see but they're mostly rather far away.

I'm going to go with a more eclectic suggestion, from a member who isn't as regular a poster as some of the above - I'm going to go with Chest Rockwell and his band Thorun.

Their last EP, Chorus of Giants, was very good on the old riff front - some great doom/stoner lines in there, and I bet they rattle the walls live :)

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1332851876' post='1593917']

Also, I would rather like to see Dr Dave's lot. Sounds as if they might be out of the same mould as Dik Guru and should be a bit of a laugh. As long as it doesn't get me into a feminist frenzy! :o
[/quote]

Course we wouldn't , love. You just sit your pretty self down the front and we'll get you a nice half of lager and black. :ph34r:

A Doc B/Dik Guru double header sounds fun - should think we can get just about everyone tutting in disgust between us ! ;)