Why become a member? ×

Which 212 cab?

Freddie75

Hey Freddie, I've got two neox 112's and a super 12. In my honest opinion the two genz cabs give me a bigger, fuller sound than the super 12 with my shuttle 9,so a neox 212 would defo be loud enough I would say. The super 12 form factor is hard to beat though and of course it's British made which is nice too!

[quote name='tubbybloke68' timestamp='1328356626' post='1525880']
I've got a super 12 with a shuttle 9, very light cab but a do find I have to eq it alot to get any bottom end 'presence' from it
[/quote]

I wouldn't see that as a problem - surely it's the reason amps have an EQ section?

I don't have a Barefaced S12 but I do have a Barefaced Midget. The Midget is a fantastic cab so I'd imagine the S12 will be more than twice as good as a Midget.
For anyone who buys a cab based on selecting the one with the best driver and the best engineering the S12 has to be the one.

Looks are a personal thing and I like the Barefaced look, but I know some don't. But I'd say, if you buy another cab (rather than a Barefaced cab) based on liking its looks, you are losing out just so you can own a cab you find pretty.

All just my opinions but I hope they are helpful to the OP.

Frank.

I'd like to come in on this one as an owner of both a Berg' NV 412 & Barefaced 'Big-Baby'.

They're both absolutely top-class cabs in quite different ways.

If, like you, I were looking to acquire a 2 x 12, then I would go Barefaced without hesitation and I would opt for the 'Big-Twin', two 'Big-Babies' or a 'Big-Baby' & a 'Baby-Sub' combo.

You have to listen to these cabs first-hand to appreciate their immense capability. Initially, I simply could not get my head around even the basic notion that a 12 (plus a mid-range driver) could equal (let alone better) a 15 for my chosen criteria: now, I simply marvel that any sized speaker can produce/reproduce 'bass' as this cab' does.

Don't be put off by the suggestion that it's simply 'Hi-Fi', either; you can make it sound however you choose and that includes the finest reggae tones I've yet to hear.

+1 Barefaced Super12 - with or without the T.
It's been discussed on here before that the drivers in these are on paper a higher spec than most of the equivalent other makes (better handling of power, especially at lower frequencies). The handmade in the UK construction, personal service and 'nothing is too much trouble' attitude also make it a winner.
Oh, and it is an awesome sounding Cab!

Mind if I put the FMC Audio 2123 Neo in discussion. It´s a german manufacturer, pretty close to Glockenklang quality, tremendous bang for the buck. Any customization possible.
[url="http://fmc-audio.jimdo.com/bassboxen/2-x-12-boxen/"]http://fmc-audio.jimdo.com/bassboxen/2-x-12-boxen/[/url] It´s one of the most versatile speakers, I know.

A good post. It is good that a few unknown makees..to our market.. are brought to our attention.

Since you raised the Glockenglang comparison, they look similar and suitably germanic..??

Not so sure about the styling myself from the pictures.. but there you go.

Thanks for the info

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1329216100' post='1538799']
A good post. It is good that a few unknown makees..to our market.. are brought to our attention.

Since you raised the Glockenglang comparison, they look similar and suitably germanic..??

Not so sure about the styling myself from the pictures.. but there you go.

Thanks for the info
[/quote]

Well, anything is possible... see here... [url="http://fmc-audio.jimdo.com/bilder/fmc-gallerie/"]http://fmc-audio.jimdo.com/bilder/fmc-gallerie/[/url]

If you don´t mind them being german, just for the looks, look here http://fmc-audio.jimdo.com/referenzen-test/tests-in-bassquaterly/

[sup][size=5]I certainly don't mind german gear... played through some very nice Dynacord stuff more than a few times.[/size][/sup]
[sup][size=5]I am not so keen on the chunky look myself which is typical of, Glockenglang, for example, but then Boogie[/size][/sup]
[sup][size=5]were a fan of this as well.[/size][/sup]

[sup][size=5]Some nice looking cabs in that link. tho......[/size][/sup]

• 2 weeks later...