Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2012

Silvia Bluejay

Anyone thinking of going? I got my ticket yesterday. I know it's many months away, but they appear to be running a promotion and offering a reduced entry fee until 13th November.

Their Twitter feed was as follows yesterday:
Early Bird Tickets Available for only £12.50 (£15 in advance after 13th Nov) [url="http://www.amiando.com/londonbassguitarshow2012.html"]http://www.amiando.c...arshow2012.html[/url]

It's actually £12.50 plus £1.53 handling fee.

I thought I would mention it here in case any of you are sure you will be going (I am!).

Edited by bluejay

I'd probably go if there was a rule that anyone caught making that gawdawful thwakkitta sound is punched in the face & thrown out. Otherwise I won't bother.

[size=3]edit: spelt thwakkitta incorrectly - its still probably incorrect but you know what I mean[/size]

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

The website hasn't been updated. Their Twitter feed promised to release the names of next year's acts, masterclasses etc. as soon as they are confirmed.

Jean-Luc, I agree, but really, these events aren't so much about hearing the sound of the instruments or the effects, unfortunately - too many people test-playing them at the same time, and the constant racket just makes it impossible to judge. I go there to see what's new, look at and feel the models I'm interested in, gather info etc., and of course see the acts and attend the masterclasses. The show is just a starting point.

PS I'm not connected to the show in any way, just a veteran of the variously named London guitar/music/bass/drums/whatever shows for the last 15 years or so.

Edited by bluejay

Beat me to it on the earplugs comment! Last year (i.e this year) was good fun but I naively hadn't realised just how loud a room full of people slapping away would actually be.

Having not bought any gear since the last one I guess I'm unlikely for 2012, unless I break my Orange amps mug :)

It's a rich person who can afford to buy something at every bass show they attend, whether they need the new gear or not.

I enjoy window shopping on music gear too, and it's good to keep abreast of progress in technology even when you're not planning to upgrade immediately.

BurritoBass, I *love* and share your "Interests"! Anybody got a time machine, even a one-way-only model? :) :)

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1320339846' post='1425600']
Exactly. There used to be a lot more special show offers in the past, when the then "London Guitar Show" (IIRC) was held every year at Wembley. I guess the recession is biting hard.
[/quote]

I bought a guitar stand from there :) It was a load of rubbish and fell to bits within a week! :)

Yup I got an email about the advance tickets today and will go again. Went this year and actually spent a substantial part of the day in the clinic room or theatre, but at least this year I have my ACS plugs to help out - and I went on the Sunday when the had the half hour curfews!!