Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2012

Silvia Bluejay

Sounds fantastic! Hope you'll join us, Seashell.

I don't think we'll use passwords or secret handshakes! Probably best to stick to something like 'at 4pm at the cafe' and bring a piece of paper with 'BC' written on (as long as some smart alec doesn't come carrying another that reads 'AD' or sumfink...).

At the moment I have a ticket for the Saturday, and will try to organise a meetup for that day. However, I may either buy another ticket or come after the show if we decide to meet up on the Sunday too.

Emmett, the show isn't like a shop, in that it's more noisy and more crowded, and it's not that easy to hear the instruments, amps or effects you're trying out properly! But it's good for seeing a wide range of instruments and equipment, many of them newly released, in one place, getting info from the people manning the stands, and of course checking out masterclasses, auditorium gigs and demos/minigigs offered by musicians at some of the stands. It's yours to decide if that makes it worth a trip from Edinburgh. I hope you'll come along.

Edited by bluejay

should you go, well my OH who isn't a bass player loved it, Shame i didn't get to see all the gigs or masterclasses, but hope to see more this year and Jodie as a non player was very impressed with the masterclass TM Stevens put on, i believe there is a clip of it somewhere on youtube.

I went last year and within minutes wanted to kill every single one of the slappers there.. TM Stevemns was awesome, and the pub down the road made a fantastic roast for approximately the same price as one cup of lukewarm freeze dried coffee at the show.

None the less the group of five of us will be heading up this year again, this time on the train to make the pub session more worthwhile.... :P

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1325338940' post='1482265']
One day we will have a BC stand at the show. Probably just Nellie tied to a few kegs of beer and a half arsed logo sprayed on the wall. There might be some chairs.
[/quote]

Chairs, eh?

[quote name='whynot' timestamp='1326074337' post='1492032']
Haven't been to a UK show for ages and either Saturday or Sunday I'm sure I'll be able to make.
Anyone know the cheapest option for getting a ticket at this time?
[/quote]

If you get your ticket from Mark at BassDirect there's no booking fee..when I contacted him last he said he'd be putting up details in the New Year..try contacting him direct..

Me and a guy I know who's also on here are supposed to be going with our mate from Uni.
I can't wait, I went to Bass Day in Manchester in 2010 and that was amazing so there's high hopes for this one haha.
:)

[quote name='goblin' timestamp='1326577994' post='1499178']
I'll be there :) Coming down for the weekend with 2 uni mates, makes it much cheaper as we can get a 3 bed hotel room cheaper than a single, and they'll both contribute to my petrol. Job done :) Looks like I need to get myself a top!
[/quote]

What do'ya know, he's already commented hahaha :P

Edited by MDWagstaff

[quote name='MDWagstaff' timestamp='1326620640' post='1499495']
Me and a guy I know who's also on here are supposed to be going with our mate from Uni.
I can't wait, I went to Bass Day in Manchester in 2010 and that was amazing so there's high hopes for this one haha.
:)

What do'ya know, he's already commented hahaha :P
[/quote]

c'mon, keep up at the back :lol: