Why become a member? ×

fun experiment

OliverBlackman

right guys heres the deal. In this picture there are 3 bass players. They are ordered A-C (left to right).

So what you have to do is pick one that you think best represents you (as a person and a bass player) and two that dont.

So for example. If it was a picture of a bird (A), a plane (B ), or a motorbike (C ), victor wooten would say he is a A and not B & C because he's a spiritual nut.

Also give your reasons for your choice :-)

[attachment=91584:research bass players.jpg]

Edited by blackmn90

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1319115257' post='1410079']
None of them really...

And I don't even know who the guy on the right is.
[/quote]

what is it about them you dont relate to bigred?

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1319115460' post='1410087']
The bald one who plays with a plectrum.
[/quote]
can you guess who it is ad?

I'm gonna go with A. Doesn't look like me (I'm white with long hair & a beard), I don't smoke (though I used to), & I play through FX to get as untraditional a sound as possible. But....

He's the only one that looks like he'd play some DnB, blues, jazz or laid back chillax stuff.

[quote name='blackmn90' timestamp='1319115861' post='1410097']

can you guess who it is ad?
[/quote]

Err. That was me.

I don't identify to any of them. If I was held at gunpoint I'd go with the upright guy. He looks like he's having fun. He's playing and smoking a stogie like he just don't care. But then he's probably playing jazz which is not good. And now I come to think of it all that smoke would get in your eyes.
Iron Maiden don't remotely appeal to me on any level at all. The other one may well be Mr Pratt but he does look like a geography teacher who wishes he was somewhere else.
I'd have gone for Sid over these 3 if you put him in!

I'm too old to understand this :)

It can't be Guy Pratt. Did you check out the old WEM cabs they are using. That would be back in the late 60's / early 70's.
Is he that old based on fact the guy in the photo looks mid 20's maybe.

I would go with Steve Harris cos long hair has always been cool.

Dave

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1319126219' post='1410337']

Oops, I didn't mean to dis the follicly challenged, who can also be quite distinguished :)
[/quote]

No 'dis' taken. I try to be clean and presentable. Distinguished? Well just take a look at the avatar picture...

To get back on-topic, if I had to chose one it'd be A.

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1319125984' post='1410330']
I'm too old to understand this :)

It can't be Guy Pratt. Did you check out the old WEM cabs they are using. That would be back in the late 60's / early 70's.
Is he that old based on fact the guy in the photo looks mid 20's maybe.

Dave
[/quote]

Check this out [url="http://www.davidgilmour.com/visual4.htm"]http://www.davidgilmour.com/visual4.htm[/url] same cabs, same shirt, August 29th 2006

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1319126219' post='1410337']
Oops, I didn't mean to dis the follicly challenged, who can also be quite distinguished :)
[/quote]

I have long hair :) AND am increasingly follicly challenged :o - slowly developing a sort of clean-shaven Bill Bailey look :)

[quote name='blackmn90' timestamp='1319136783' post='1410497']
i had no idea there were so many rockers on basschat!

im not going to say who A is, i cant believe no-one's got it! I tried to choose 3 very contrasting images and i think i was almost there. Letter C is indeed Guy Pratt
[/quote]
I don't even know who Guy Pratt is, (and I can't be bothered to Google it :) ) so I've got NO chance of knowing who the first picture is either. :)