Why become a member? ×

Jessie J Live

Musicman20

I'm well aware her bass player visits these forums...and posts awesome live vids, (this is a different band on this video)

Just found this from a US show....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_vXhdQerVY

Voice....wow!

I never really listen to much modern pop, but that girl has one hell of a voice. Total beauty as well.

I think she is far more than bubby-gum pop..I think she can sing great and her tunes are a bit now for the market but this girl will not fade in 2 years with the talent she has, IMO.

I can see no reason at all why she can't be a Major artist beyond pop singles.

Gareth, watch how she will get slagged off on here now she has some success. Once success is achieved, regardless of talent and credibility or whether she is a very nice person, the artist is a machine immune to hurtful comments and criticism, and the fact her bassist is a respected bass chat member don't mean sh*t.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1317665979' post='1393022']
I think she is far more than bubby-gum pop..I think she can sing great and her tunes are a bit now for the market but this girl will not fade in 2 years with the talent she has, IMO.

[/quote]

I agree with you there. I think she's versatile enough as well to last out.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1317665979' post='1393022']

[/quote]

+1...her live voice is incredible.

Probably one of the most talented vocalists in the UK today. Her album is a bit of a mishmash of styles in my opinion but it showcases her talent well, Which was perhaps the objective. From what I understand she has a refreshing lack of diva quality too. The UK should be proud of her. She is currently the best we have got.

Weird really, considering I mainly get moved by extreme metal bands.

She should sing for watain.

I think the people dissing her need to know she is a successful song writer in her own right so even if she disappears as an act she will be still be writing and working in the business maybe for many years. Has anyone seen her as herself without the harsh persona and makeup on ? :)

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1317753992' post='1394219']
I think the people dissing her need to know she is a successful song writer in her own right so even if she disappears as an act she will be still be writing and working in the business maybe for many years. Has anyone seen her as herself without the harsh persona and makeup on ?
[/quote]

A good point, anybody here remember Cathy Dennis? I bet you don't but she's written a few number 1s for huge international pop acts since her brief career fizzled out.

Jessie J is lovely in interviews too, i don't particularly care about her pop career as i don't really like the songs but she has a very good voice and the right attitude for the job, which is more than you can say for a lot of flash in the pan acts peddling kids' music.