Why become a member? ×

Jessie J Live

Musicman20

[quote name='neilb' timestamp='1317666392' post='1393036']
I would.
[/quote]
[quote name='Mcgiver69' timestamp='1317669842' post='1393132']
I hate her recorded music, always over produced and noisy but live she is something else. I love her when she is singing with a live band, wow just wow.

And yes I totally would!!
[/quote]

Oh, please, do we have to?

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1317753428' post='1394206']
Here today, gone tomorrow...

Good luck to her and all who sail with her. But it's not music that has any longevity to it, IMHO.
[/quote]

Yup, pop music has only been around for....what?...2 years, something like that?! :)

Si

Some people find it empowering to do it....weird huh. :)
If she's so talented, why has she spent the last 10 years with a deal, writing for others....oh wait, that doesn't work. Some people choose to come out and perform, why should they be lynched for it?

Si

I have respect for some pop artists even if I really really can't stand the music they make. I've only head a couple of singles by Jessie J before and i thought it was just more irritatingly catchy throwaway pop crap...

This video shows that she's actually amazingly talented and yeah her band rock too! It's nice to be pleasantly surprised sometimes :)

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1317771237' post='1394501']

Yup, pop music has only been around for....what?...2 years, something like that?! :)

Si
[/quote]

^ Aww, you know what I'm saying! :)

Not pop music itself, but [i]her[/i] music... I mean, I don't dislike her at all and she comes across well interviews. But I don't think she's original or memorable enough to create a real legacy for herself and become one of pop music's 'greats'.

I mean, I can't hum a single one of her songs right now. And of course that doesn't mean a damn thing - I might just be a dullard! - but I can hum a number of songs from Madonna, Lady GaGa and so on.

Let's maybe check back in a year and see how she's doing... in the meantime, good luck to her.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1317770128' post='1394494']
I like her, not so much my kind of music but I'd prefer to see a million more girls like her make their way in the industry than see one more Lady Gaga. Jessie has a very obvious songwriting talent and a great voice too, so good luck to her.
[/quote]

Since when did Gaga not have a songwriting talent or voice? I don't like her stuff much, but those two facts are fairly undeniable.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1317796297' post='1394565']
I think gaga rocks! Too many x factor wannabes want instant fame for nothing, even if you don't like gaga as a performer you can't knock her for not putting the hours in learning to play,sing and dance often at the same time.
[/quote]

Pete is right, very much so.

I was actually talking to a friend about pop recently and I listed Jessie J as one of the few modern pop stars I don't mind; I like her voice, her attitude and her image. I can't put my finger on it but she doesn't have that "egotistical bitch" thing going on that so many other artists have.

Gaga is going Maddonna route 1,and it`s working well.
I think JJ will be around for a bit, given her talents and obvious promotional expertise.
Her next Lp will deliver the killer blow with a couple of massive hits and establish her as a major British artist.
People wrote Adele off a couple of years ago as a one dimensional Duffy/Winehouse wannabe.
I think it`s safe to say they were wrong.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1317666220' post='1393031']
Gareth, watch how she will get slagged off on here now she has some success. Once success is achieved, regardless of talent and credibility or whether she is a very nice person, the artist is a machine immune to hurtful comments and criticism, and the fact her bassist is a respected bass chat member don't mean sh*t.
[/quote]

It's part of the job- you can't just expect as a famous artist or indeed any famous person to be universally adored. But if you can't stand the heat...

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1317807339' post='1394704']
People wrote Adele off a couple of years ago as a one dimensional Duffy/Winehouse wannabe.
I think it`s safe to say they were wrong.
[/quote]

Can't stand her either- I mean in an interview she was whining on about how she has to pay £4 million in tax. Sorry, but if you're earning enough money to have that kind of tax bill then you have NOTHING to complain about. Especially since now you have enough money to go record your next album in a place that doesn't have those kind of tax bills and make a hell of a lot more profit.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1317824147' post='1395002']

It's part of the job- heat, kitchen, you get the idea.

Can't stand her either- I mean in an interview she was whining on about how she has to pay £4 million in tax. Sorry, but if you're earning enough money to have that kind of tax bill then you have NOTHING to complain about. Especially since now you have enough money to go record your next album in a place that doesn't have those kind of tax bills and make a hell of a lot more profit.
[/quote]

Edward 'Hard as Fackin Nails' Himself.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1317824304' post='1395008']

Edward 'Hard as Fackin Nails' Himself.
[/quote]

oh yeah well 'ard me. Seriously though, I used to get seriously bullied at school. These days if anyone says anything to me I just ignore them. Unfortunately it's a part of life, not saying it's right, but that's just the way life is- if you're putting yourself out there, you've got to take the bad along with the good.

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1317806847' post='1394693']
Since when did Gaga not have a songwriting talent or voice?
[/quote]

Since she first entered the music industry unfortunately. I would argue very strongly against the undeniability of her songwriting talent and voice. It's just incredibly mediocre music... fair enough, she's made a lot of money doing what she's done and I respect it in many, many ways, but it's frustrating hearing her dominate the airwaves with total trash. There are considerably stronger talents out there that don't rely on gimickry, huge PR backing and million dollar stage shows to impress an audience, Jessie J's music stands up in this way I believe, even if it isn't my kind of music. She has a very obvious and raw talent.

Edited by risingson

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1317799654' post='1394600']
who is the bass player concerned on here?[/quote]

Phil Simmonds.
Just out of interest though-the guys in the video are different from the guys who I've usually
seen her with. I'm guessing that's her US band.

I've got to be honest,I'm pretty impartial about Jessie J. I think she's better than your Winehouses and
Adeles,but not as good as your Gagas and Aguileras. I wouldn't but her album,but I won't turn the radio
off either.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1317827858' post='1395076']
Phil Simmonds.
Just out of interest though-the guys in the video are different from the guys who I've usually
seen her with. I'm guessing that's her US band.

I've got to be honest,I'm pretty impartial about Jessie J. I think she's better than your Winehouses and
Adeles,but not as good as your Gagas and Aguileras. I wouldn't but her album,but I won't turn the radio
off either.
[/quote]
Fella, you are comparing apples with carpet tiles. All these artists are wholly different from eachother. You might aswell have chucked Kate Bush and Nina Simone in there too.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1317829313' post='1395108']
Fella, you are comparing apples with carpet tiles. All these artists are wholly different from eachother. You might aswell have chucked Kate Bush and Nina Simone in there too.[/quote]

Not really,they're all 'pop' singers of various quality.