Why become a member? ×

Which mainstream artist would you like to play for?

Musicman20

Im thinking purely mainstream, because normally I dont stray into pop music, but I must admit this artist always impresses me.

Nothing obscure, because lets face it, normally I would just want to be in a band that I admire, and they would no doubt be some unknown band that never gets any media attention.

Which artist would you like to work with and be part of their live band?

Me?

Lady GaGa.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Jigster' post='1240935' date='May 22 2011, 10:14 PM']I reckon something like Adele or Duffy - nice groove driven soulful stuff - only cos the stuff we play is always so loud!![/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. Id want to do something totally different.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1240927' date='May 22 2011, 10:11 PM']Im thinking purely mainstream, because normally I dont stray into pop music, but I must admit this artist always impresses me.

Nothing obscure, because lets face it, normally I would just want to be in a band that I admire, and they would no doubt be some unknown band that never gets any media attention.

Which artist would you like to work with and be part of their live band?

Me?

Lady GaGa.[/quote]
OOOhh weird I was thinking Gaga before I read your whole post! Looks like we will have to toss for it so to speak :)

Without a doubt - The Foo Fighters

The chance to play with one of my favourite drummers, Taylor Hawkins. The legendary Pat Smear, Dave Grohl and Chris Shiflet who also plays in another of my favourite bands - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

Hell yeah :)

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1240965' date='May 22 2011, 10:30 PM']Without a doubt - The Foo Fighters

The chance to play with one of my favourite drummers, Taylor Hawkins. The legendary Pat Smear, Dave Grohl and Chris Shiflet who also plays in another of my favourite bands - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

Hell yeah :)[/quote]

Chris used to be in No Use For A Name as well...very good melodic punk band :)

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1240965' date='May 22 2011, 10:30 PM']Without a doubt - The Foo Fighters[/quote]

[quote name='Mike' post='1241014' date='May 22 2011, 11:31 PM']Steely Dan or Joni Mitchell for me.[/quote]

'pop' bands??????? :)

[quote name='crez5150' post='1240937' date='May 22 2011, 10:16 PM']Jamiroquai for me![/quote]

Same. And if they said I was rubbish and wouldn't have me, it'd be Metallica. I'd say Iron Maiden as I prefer them musically, and the band members as they come across in interviews etc, but I couldn't replace Steve Harris now could I?

[quote name='Hamster' post='1241033' date='May 22 2011, 11:54 PM']'pop' bands??????? :)[/quote]

Popular bands....

I hear tinie tempah is rolling around with an actual human bassist, since I saw him on jools holland before the album came out I thought that it would be cool to play for him, specially since the drummer is awesome and there is the occasional funky dub piece.

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='1241023' date='May 22 2011, 11:46 PM']Great thread! But no way would it be Lady Gaga, the Madonna-lite material's sub-average. Prince, if only I had the chops...
Beyonce, good musicians and, well, the view from the backline :)[/quote]

Hate to even think about being so 'pro gaga' but Madonna doesn't stand a chance in the talent contest. Have you seen Gaga play piano and sing in different styles?! It's quite amazing for a popular artist to A) look so normal as in girl next door and B )be able to write, sing so well and play instruments with that much talent.

I didn't think much of her until I started to hear about her past and her musicianship.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1241063' date='May 23 2011, 12:46 AM']Hate to even think about being so 'pro gaga' but Madonna doesn't stand a chance in the talent contest. Have you seen Gaga play piano and sing in different styles?! It's quite amazing for a popular artist to A) look so normal as in girl next door and B )be able to write, sing so well and play instruments with that much talent.

I didn't think much of her until I started to hear about her past and her musicianship.[/quote]

She's Prince after the sex change. :)

Those in the know would know that Prince would be my top choice but for now Katy Perry will do... hence my Katy Perry choice. I'm not Larry Graham or female so I don't suppose I'm gonna get the call any time soon...!