Why become a member? ×

Which mainstream artist would you like to play for?

Musicman20

[quote name='casapete' post='1241932' date='May 23 2011, 05:43 PM']Bruce Springsteen - the chance to play in one of the best bands in the world, and alongside the great Max Weinberg too would be amazing.
Stones too - great songs / band etc. Could probably do that dep without a run through...[/quote]

+1 on these two plus

John Fogerty

Steve Earle and the Dukes

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='1244854' date='May 25 2011, 09:50 PM']A friend of mine was checking in at a hotel a year or so ago when they walked in. No Frankie but he says Molly is amazing.[/quote]
Frankie is defo my fav tho haha.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1241063' date='May 23 2011, 12:46 AM']Hate to even think about being so 'pro gaga' but Madonna doesn't stand a chance in the talent contest. Have you seen Gaga play piano and sing in different styles?! It's quite amazing for a popular artist to A) look so normal as in girl next door and B )be able to write, sing so well and play instruments with that much talent.

I didn't think much of her until I started to hear about her past and her musicianship.[/quote]

Honestly?! Her voice to me is incredibly average, and I can't tell the difference between her songs and a load of 90s europop that we used to laugh at for the cheesy production values. I don't know about musical talent, perhaps she has it in bucketloads, but I can't say it's evident in her hits. Excellent at marketing though and evidently she's got something right with those songs, I just don't see why it works for her but those 90s euro gay club divas failed to crossover in the same way.

Oh, back on topic, the Roots is a great call!

Edited by LawrenceH

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='1244854' date='May 25 2011, 08:50 PM']A friend of mine was checking in at a hotel a year or so ago when they walked in. No Frankie but he says Molly is amazing.[/quote]
Some of us know the bloke who got the gig :)

[quote name='NJW' post='1247374' date='May 27 2011, 05:39 PM']Ha! A friend of mine has played/plays bass for both of these.[/quote]

Ged Grimes???? If so, I'll be seeing him on June 10 with Simple Minds. Tell him I know all the SM bass lines like the back of my hand so I will be listening to him :) :)