Why become a member? ×

Jazz

jezzaboy

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1173619' date='Mar 23 2011, 06:16 PM']Beautiful.[/quote]

Cheers! The photo makes it a little prettier than it actuallly is. It's got chips in the paint, various scratches, and one of the pots is a bit slippery. I rescued it from a student flat a few years ago, and it looked alot worse then :)

[center]Here's my newest Jazz a MIJ 62 Reissue
[/center]

[center][attachment=75645:web_bass.jpg][[/center]

[center]And my MIJ Geddy Lee[/center]

[center][attachment=75646:web_geddy.jpg][/center]

Edited by gjones

Just sold on my 2002 CS Relic '64 Jazz :D
Love my Montego Black US Deluxe :) (the one that was for sale on here for a year)
...and need to finish off "Triggers broom" with a proper bridge and maybe a chunk of Ebony. I'll post piccies when she's done but a 1989 Samick Korean Squier Jazz could end up very nice indeed. Already has Hipshot D Tuner and proper Bassslines Pickups. I would change the neck but headstock is signed by one Mr Billy Sheehan :lol:

Something Japanese and Fretless may be an alternative :)

Adapted from another (old) thread:
I thought you might enjoy these pics of me 'n my fave bass ever; my 1990 MIJ jazz in sonic blue.
Its had so many different forms and mods over the years and despite the pics (mainly iphone so not great) its actually really battered, worn chipped and dinged and looks great!

Its my third ever bass and the one i had a picture of stuck in my school folder when i started out as my dream bass that i aspired to own one day.
As it happens a year later i found mine going cheap in a local used guitar place which burnt down shortly after!, at a time when i could just scrape together the cash if i sold my other bass, the guy was very relectant to do me a deal but i managed it and legged it home to clean off the gunk which had lowered the price by £50 to something i could afford!
Funnily enough not long after i met a guy who had gone in to buy it just after me!

After over 60 other basses and three necks, two preamps, two sets of tuners (poss three, now back to the grungy originals) god knows how many other tweaks and hardware changes shes still my number one, despite a lengthy flirtation with warwick! (even then she was always onstage tuned up ready to go.
heres a link to a set of pics of me 'n JB as its known from over the last 18 years we've been gigging together!
I even played her at my wedding!

The pics are in this flickr album here..................

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/34605698@N04/sets/72157623937813540/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/34605698@N04/...57623937813540/[/url]
Hope you enjoy taking a peek!

I too, am a fan of the block-inlay Jazz basses... selling off the MIM Classic 70s though, just not playing jazzes any more.

The other jazz is the only bass I would NEVER get rid of, because of it's sentimental value. I love it.