Why become a member? ×

Jazz

jezzaboy

[quote name='sprocket123' timestamp='1332765936' post='1592711']
Wow , you got a nice project , with a Status neck , it must be a blast , & the Babicz brige , we don t see these often
[/quote]

cheers, yeh its great to play, feels lovely and that status neck is a joy!! i'd not seen theses babicz bridges before i started and stumbled across a cheap one quite by chance so thought i'd give it a try, really nice bit if kit and i like the way it adjusts - so much better principal than standard saddles

• 2 weeks later...

My Tanglewater Contemporary Jazz. I just love the maple neck with the black body and headstock. The pearl inlays set it off nicely too. Amazing player and sounds fantastic.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:90163]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:90162]

Edit: I need to grab some better photos... watch this space.

Edited by Mornats

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='clarkpegasus4001' timestamp='1332793770' post='1593295']
Here is my 1974 Fender Jazz bass in [color=#000000]black [/color]The pick up cover, bridge cover, and thumb rest have been removed and stored.

[attachment=103451:Fender Jazz 1974.JPG] [attachment=103452:Fender Jazz 1974 rear.JPG]
[/quote]

Nice! Black/maple is always such a cool combo on a jazz bass.

I think it's ebanol. It's a 'bits'/home made Jazz - I bought everything from BC and screwed it [s]up[/s] together in my man-shed. The neck is a Mighty Mite fender licensed and it's just beautiful - it's fast becoming my 'go to' bass.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the cheesy filters, I just couldn't resist playing with my iPhone. :blush:
Anyway, here is my latest addition - rearranging my collection towards 34" single coil Jazz fivers. Am extremely happy with the Miller V, weighs only 4kg and is very smooth tonally, and the neck is sooo sweet.

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1336836547' post='1651772']
Cool pics, what app did that?
[/quote]
Thanks, it probably gets old after a while though. I used Camera+ my camera app of choice. I favor photogene for iPad post adjustments though, camera+ is more limited even though what it does it does really well (and quickly). However, it is great when taking the photos, you can use the +/- buttons to snap, and you can choose where in the picture to focus and where to set the white balance.

• 2 weeks later...

1983 American that I've bought second-hand in Namibia more than twelve years ago. It's been my main bass since I was 21 unless the band or gig required one of the others. The original owner spray painted the pickups black, which I cleaned up again with nail polish remover.

I think I've just bought a '71, Rosewood too that's arrived in pieces at my luthier's. Block inlays, bound neck and in need of a re-refinish. Olympic White with tortoise shell, me thinks.

*Edit* '71 Jazz Bass now also bought and awaiting refinishing.

Edited by q_of_doom

Lots of lovely Jazzies! I like them all. So I have to post my little family of Jazzettes:

From left to right: De Gier BeBop5, Fender Jazz Bass 1969, Fender Jazz Bass Plus V, No Name fretless Jazz Bass, Squier Vintaged Modified Jazz Bass, Fender Jazz Bass 1978 and last but not least my Squier Jazz Bass, the very first Bass I made my first steps with as a player.