Why become a member? ×

Jazz

jezzaboy

So, what made people pick the jazz? I adore my Lakland. I think I first fell the Jazz bass when I was 13 or 14, trying a Fender Jazz out in a Leeds music shop - I lusted after one for years... a period which included my quitting and restarting playing, before settling on the Lakland. Absolutely no regrets. My lovely new Spector, which is the nuts, also has a Jazz configuration - must be something about it, eh?

I feel like a cheat, as I've nabbed these from a previous thread, but it felt rude not to chip something in:

• Like 1

[quote name='Minty' post='1206258' date='Apr 20 2011, 06:49 PM']Sage Green Metallic. It kinda changes colour depending on what light it's in![/quote]

That's what I thought, but it's hard to tell in that light! I've got one in the same colour!

My newest addition, a 2010 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass.
Been waiting a good while now to get some money together for one, but now that i have her to say i'm happy is very much an understatement, i love it!

Photos taken by Mark (7string) and its just back after a set-up with him.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

These are mine.

Didn't know whether the J 5 would count as a jazz, so I put my Fender in there to balance it out!

Just bought the Overwater Aspiration Contemporary J 5 and REALLY love it! The block inlays are beautiful and the colour is a lot more subtle than I thought it would be.

The Fender was my first bass and is/has been my only ever 'keeper', although the J 5 may have just joined those ranks. It's incredible!

Something a little different from the 90's . Its a US built jazz plus. Lightweight body and even a slimmed down head. Its active with fiendishly complicated controls.

Its been sitting in its case for a few years as I've been going more for 5 and 6 strings. But I recently dusted it down to accompany a local school musical production - where it did just fine.....

[attachment=78218:jazzplus_3.JPG] [attachment=78217:jazz_plus2.JPG][attachment=78219:jazzplus5.JPG]

[quote name='geo_bass' post='1207495' date='Apr 21 2011, 08:23 PM']My newest addition, a 2010 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass.
Been waiting a good while now to get some money together for one, but now that i have her to say i'm happy is very much an understatement, i love it!

Photos taken by Mark (7string) and its just back after a set-up with him.

Enjoy.

[/quote]
Very nice I'm after a white one

My Bacchus 62J which Mrs C has unfortunately christened "Minty" :) Started life as sonic blue when made in 90s and the nitro finish has faded to a sort of sea foam green. Lovely. When I have the time I will be adding a J-Retro to it, recently purchased from Nigel/silddx

[attachment=78361:P1040209.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

Another two of mine, a 1984 Tokai fretless on It's 3rd fingerboard (nobody told me in the Eighties that Jaco put resin on to save neck wear!)
Lost logo on 1st replacement, now has an ebony board.
1997 Fender Jap body with an Allparts replacement neck bought as you see it here from King Tut, never has a job been so easy! bolted it on, intonation and action perfect with no adjustments! has now become my #1 gigging bass!

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Mike Lull M5V[/b]
Just arrived - the long awaited replacement for my old and sorely missed M5V that was traded in a moment of GAS.
Plays as effortlessly and sounds as good as it looks. No, really it does!! :)
This one will stay - yessir. :)