Why become a member? ×

I would NEVER part with my...........

TRBboy

My US deluxe lefty jazz, the second I had it in my hands I knew it was meant to be . It's taken a long time
and a fair few basses but this one is every thing Ive ever wanted in a bass.

Also my Encore E83 P bass, started with it fifteen years ago, its one of the heaviest basses Ive ever held,
the neck is like baseball bat and the pickups are crap. Wouldn't be without it though and I might finally get
around to a bit of modding on it soon.

My Sandberg Jazz copy (as seen in my profile picture). Same deal as Subbeh - as soon as I laid my hands on it I knew it was meant for me. I would sell a kidney before I would sell this bass (plus you only really need one kidney anyway) :)

Edited by Kelso

• 6 months later...

My Jazz. It never gets played, it's sitting in the corner of my room just now and doesn't even have pickups in it at the minute, but it was an 18th birthday present from my folks so it'll never go. I was playing it the other night and it's brilliant to play with an excellent neck and great action, so I plan to save up over the course of this year and fix it up again.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1299675479' post='1155218']
I had this discussion with Rich ^^^ in a slightly different guise of "if you could only keep one bass, which would it be?" and for all my love of weirdy Gibson basses, I'd have to say that my G&L Tribute L-2000 would be the last one to go.
[/quote]

Well, I'm going to have to change my stance here. My wife bought me my RD Artist, so it really has to stay above all others now. The fact that it's a brilliant bass helps :)

My Tobias Toby Pro 4-B

It was my 18th birthday present from my parents and I had been looking for one ever since I started playing bass. I have owned about 15 basses including the Tobias but most of them have come and gone including 5 P-Basses, a BC Rich Mockingbird Classic Heritage series, a Spector Legend 5 and a few other random ones (including an Epiphone Thunderbird IV and Squier VM Jazz Bass). I don't really like the tone of my Tobias at the moment but it's been my main gigging bass ever since I started gigging and it's only ever let me down once (battery came loose in the cavity and snapped a wire when I was walking to a gig with it on my back, lucky I had a back up with me too)

Here it is. Slightly modified
- Leo Quan Badass II bridge
- Schaller strap locks
- Dave McKeen 3 band EQ (extra hole drilled for mid selector switch)
- Complete body re-spray to remove dents, scratches and other damage
Soon to be added
- Aguilar OBP-3 pre amp
- EMG 40HZ pick ups
- Hipshot GB7 de-tuner

Awesome metal pose...

I tend to be a bit sentimental about the gear I own, and I don't think I would consider getting rid of any of my basses, no matter how cheap or expensive they may be. They are all different - as in, fretted or fretless, 4 or 5, upright or guitar, and a new acoustic bass guitar is due soon - so I have no "doubles" sitting in a corner gathering dust.
The only bass guitar I don't play anymore is my student bass, my very first instrument (bought as part of a combo with amp for around £60 a few years ago!), but I cherish it for the memories, and it will continue to be part of my music family like the others.

[quote name='GregBass' timestamp='1336645811' post='1648772']
I have a 1979 Rick 4001 that I would not let go. It's no longer my "go to" bass - that is a Warwick - but the Rick has been with me for 35 years now and is staying with me for a while yet :)
[/quote]

That's mathematically impossible.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1336637877' post='1648620']
How many people have sold their "keeper" bass since posting in this thread? Come on - 'fess up! :)
[/quote]

Still have my Jazz although it's semi-retired now, it will always be with me.

I will always keep the P I bought off of Si too, nice to own something the great man used to.

[quote name='Peaty' timestamp='1336686156' post='1649649']
Ahh wouldn't part with home build number 2. for two reasons
A, I like the sound and feel of it too much
B, too many mistakes/learning experiences in the building to pass it on :)

[attachment=107580:DSCN0001.JPG]
[/quote]

Wow! (Or should that be Wal!) Not surprised