Why become a member? ×

I would NEVER part with my...........

TRBboy

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1155674' date='Mar 9 2011, 06:25 PM']My trusty old ESP

[/quote]

Purdy! ESP are damn good :)

I've got 3 quality guitars I love and do everything I want at the moment:

G&L Legacy
ESP PC-2V
Masterbuilt Charvel Legacy Star (last to go)

Forced to part with at least one due to financial reasons :)

My May 1964 Hofner Violin bass, owned it since November 1988. And even though I stopped playing it in August 1998, I have a lot of memories with it both good & bad.

The next would be my October 1992 Rickenbacker 4003,bought by my girlfriend in August 1998 the best present ever love it.

Not found the "keeper" yet. The Precision I'm using at the moment is the closest I've found, but it's only on long-term loan, I don't own it so one day it will be handed back to someone else.

it's only a Squier Affinity, but the neck is nice and the string alignment is better than any of the three US Fenders I've owned. I don't know what pickup is in it but it's nice and hot.

My mid 90s MIM P was almost a keeper but it was just too heavy.

I'm not a betting man but I bet at least two of these wind up in the for sale section by Xmas! :)

Personally I don't think anything is ever set in stone. I'd like to keep a lot of my stuff but if circumstances change and the price is right I think anything is fair game, just so long as I'm left with at least one bass. If I was pushed to say one I'd say my original MIJ Fender Precision because it's been with me all the way & is worth more to me kept than it is to sell. My all original 1978 P-bass *could* go at a point in the future. I hope not.

My Yamaha Attitude LTD II (Limited edition 25th anniversary Sea foam green!)

Too many memories, and such a special bass to me.

First gig was with this one! First demo, hundreds of firsts,

Also seeing Billy Sheehan playing a Seafoam Green attitude much like mine (but his is "The sister" with pickups matching the pickguard) is what made me pickup the bass!

I truely love that bass!

You know that if I mentioned anything in this post, it would be utter tosh :)

IF (big if) I found the player's all-original 63P I have long coveted that could be the one, but everything is else is expendable

(from the BCer who started 'no such thing as a keeper' thread and possibly has the highest number of feedback posts)

[quote name='BluRay' post='1156505' date='Mar 10 2011, 12:44 PM']Westone Thunder 1a. First bass - and still gets used the most 25 years on[/quote]

My 1984 Westone Thunder III - second "proper" bass (the first one was a Thunder 1A). In its 26th year and going strong.

[attachment=74523:WTIIIangle.JPG]

EDIT: Thinking about it, I [u]would[/u] actually have no objection in principle to selling this bass, problem is that no-one would pay the money I’d want for it. :)

Edited by Krysbass

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1157029' date='Mar 10 2011, 06:32 PM']My Yamaha Attitude LTD II (Limited edition 25th anniversary Sea foam green!)

Too many memories, and such a special bass to me.

First gig was with this one! First demo, hundreds of firsts,

Also seeing Billy Sheehan playing a Seafoam Green attitude much like mine (but his is "The sister" with pickups matching the pickguard) is what made me pickup the bass!

I truely love that bass![/quote]

Couldn't agree more, only picked one up a few years back and it's the only bass that feels amazing in the hand and sounds just HUUUUGGGEEE without having to add a Pre amp. Just to think I was going to sell her a few months back :/ Now thinking about it wished I was back in a band playing it again.

• 2 weeks later...